𝐗𝐗

╔.★. .═════════════╗
-ˏˋ. 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 ˊˎ-
╚═════════════. .★.╝

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒, 𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑, 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

Jasmine jumped back in fright.

It had been four days of mostly silence between the two.

She had been too afraid to speak, knowing that her not recognising him is not a good thing he'd like to recall.

And he just hopes that perhaps she'd speak to him, that perhaps she'd remember soon.

Elijah, who was watching her curious eyes with a soft smile, held her before she could trip on something.

She put her hand out in front of him, raising her hand, ready for a fight and pushing him away from harm.

Elijah looked at her held out arm as if keeping him away from the lit up rectangular object.

He softly moved her hands down to her sides.

"It is dangerous!" She whisper-yelled as she subtly pointed at it. "It could be listening to us as it plans our demise."

He pursed his lips, stifling his amusement.

Jasmine narrowed her eyes at the dark-haired man who was talking through the rectangular object.

'I'm not surprised. A well-known folk cure for insomnia is to break into your neighbour's apartment and clean.' He told the taller lanky man, also in the rectangular screen.

Jasmine watched, curiosity blooming.

"Is that man speaking to us?" She asked Elijah in a whisper.

"No, the television doesn't speak to us." He whispered back.

"They speak our language." She observed.

"This is a play."

"Plays are better and more entertaining." She scoffed as she watched the television talk.

These four days, neither of them slept.

Sure, she sat on the bed.

And he sat on the couch.

But they didn't sleep.

She knew him.

Her body did. Muscle memory was, in fact, at its peak.

Wanting to just be near him.

After explaining the bathroom, she had taken a modern shower.

"Is there a waterfall near? Perhaps a river?" She had asked, looking at him expectedly. He just shook his head and led her to the contraption called 'bathroom'.

Now, Elijah stood in the kitchen, making pancakes as Jasmine watched him with curious eyes.

"This seems to be incredibly easy for you."

"I have lived a long life." He chuckled. "I've gathered a few talents throughout it."

She hummed, taking a strawberry from the plate of fruits on her right.

"What is the last thing you can recall?"

Jasmine stopped mid strawberry. "Riddles."

"Riddles?"