🏎️CHAPTER 2🏎️

8th September 2019:

"I don't want to be here," I complain as I walk up to the Monza track. "I don't care," Dad tells me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Appreciate your birthday present, Amelie. Tickets are expensive for this." Althea smiles at me. I just roll my eyes and look forward. "When are you going to stop ignoring her?" Dad asks me. "Never, not until she shows me that she is really sorry. Actions speak louder than words." I smile at the man.

"Yeah, your actions didn't show Lando that you loved him. But, hey who's judging." Althea scoffs. "How many times, Althea? Just drop that." I glare at her. "No, you need to own up to your actions and speak about it." She points at me. "Both of you, shut up. There is a camera on us." Dad whispers to us making us stand straight with a smile on our faces. "We will finish this later," Althea tells me.

"No, we won't." I shake my head when the camera and reporter walk up to us. "James May, it's wonderful to see you here, with both your daughters." The man says smiling at us. "It's wonderful to be here." Dad nods. "How are you feeling about the race today?" The man asks. "Oh, I'm excited, we've come here for Amelie's birthday today so." Dad nods.

"Oh, happy birthday Amelie." The reporter says. "Thank you." I awkwardly smile, rocking back and forth on my feet. "We best get going, I have a surprise," Althea tells the reporter. "Yeah, okay well I hope you three enjoy the race and Amelie, have a good birthday." The reporter says before walking away, the camera following him. "What's my surprise?" I turn to my sister.

"You'll see." She winks walking towards the pit. "Oh my god, are we going on the pit walk?" I quickly ask. "I can't do that, what if I bump into him?" I look between my dad and sister. "You won't, and we're going to a specific place," Althea says, grabbing my arm and pulling me away. "You two be safe, I'm going to find a place to sit," Dad tells us, walking a different way to us.

"Okay, cover your eyes," Althea tells me. "Why?" I turn to her. "Trust me, just do it." She ushers me. "Okay." I sigh covering my eyes. I feel her put her hands on my shoulders and walk me somewhere. "Okay, remove your hands in three... two... one!" Althea shouts. "Oh my god!" I shout removing my hands and running to my two friends.

"Happy birthday, Am." Alex smiles, opening his arms. "Alex, I missed you." I laugh, hugging him. "I'm here, as well." George coughs, making me look at him. "George, give me a minute I'm hugging Alex," I tell him. "I see how it is, I'll just go." The blonde jokes, pretending to walk away. "I'm joking, come here, George." I pull his arm and hug him. "Happy birthday, bestie." He wraps his arms around me.

"I'm gonna cry." I laugh, fanning my face as I step back. "Look at you two." I punch their shoulders. "Looking so grown up, just about to race the Italian Grand Prix." I smile sarcastically. "I know right, mum. I'm so excited." George jumps up and down. "I'll be racing with them next year." Althea smiles proudly. "What?" Alex turns to her. "Surprise." She does a little jazz hands. "Before we hug her. What team are you on?" George holds Alex back from hugging Althea.

"Porsche, but I wish it was with one of you two." Althea smiles. "Ahh, at least we know you will probably beat us." George shrugs, letting go of Alex. "Thank you, George. How nice of you." Althea laughs, hugging the two boys. "Guys, you need to come and get prepared." I look behind the boys to see Lewis Hamilton walk towards us. "Lewis, hi." Althea waves at the man. "Althea?" He questions analysing her.

"Oh my, and Amelie." He gasps, bringing both of us into a hug. "Both of you look so grown up." I smile. "Well, that tends to happen after nearly three years." Althea laughs. "Happy birthday, Am." Lewis smiles, ruffling my hair. "Go away." I laugh, pushing his hand. "Well it was lovely seeing you two girls again, but we really need to go." Lewis waves at us before walking away.