🏎️Chapter 6🏎️

25th October 2019:

"Watching this again?" Charlie asks, walking into the break room. "Yes, I am." Amelie nods, keeping her eyes on the tv. "Listen, I'm sorry about what I said about your sister." Charlie apologised, as he sits down. "Wow, that only took you twenty-seven days." Amelie scoffs, not sparing the boy a glance. "I didn't mean it like that, I was just saying what I was seeing." He shrugs, not helping his case.

"Did you know my sister one that race? They were the points that will make her the champion this year in Formula Two. Hell, she is going to be the first female in Formula One since nineteen seventy-six, next year. She's proving to all you egotistical males that women can do anything they want. And that you can do anything you want to do, no matter your gender. That girl is making every female proud, and people like you are just shitting on their parade for what?" Amelie finds herself standing up and glaring at the male.

"For you to make yourself feel better about yourself? Or because you are so insecure about yourself you have to make everyone else around you feel shit about themselves as well? Charlie you have to wake up, it's two thousand and fucking nineteen. You need to man up and stop being a little wuss." The girl scoffs, looking back to the tv to see Oscar in the lead. "I am awake, and I'm glad your sister is doing that, what's her name so that I can congratulate her?" Charlie smiles, standing up.

"I'm not telling you my sister's name, one she has a boyfriend, two she couldn't give a shit about what you think and three she doesn't like you." Amelie lists reasons why the boy won't be finding out who her sister is. "She's never met me, how does she hate me?" Charlie asked. "Trust me, she doesn't need to meet you to know she hates you. I know her and I know she hates you." Amelie scoffs.

"Come on, Piastri," Amelie whispers under her breath, watching her sister's boyfriend. "Who's him?" Charlie asks, scaring Amelie as he stands next to her. "None of your fucking business. God, are you always this nosy?" Amelie glares at him. "That's rude and yeah, I'm curious about everything." Charlie nods. "It's not curiosity, it's being annoying, go away and annoy Connie or Owen." The girl scoffs.

"No, I like annoying you." Charlie shrugs. "Well, I don't like you, so go away please and thank you." Amelie waves him off, watching as Oscar starts his last lap. "Who's winning?" Cassandra walks into the room. "Oscar," Amelie tells her. "Ooo, that's the good-looking one? Right?" The sixteen-year-old asks. "Hmm, no, Oscar is not the good-looking one." Amelie shakes her head, her face scrunching up.

"No, it is. The blonde, Australian one. He's good-looking." Cassandra nods. "He has a girlfriend, which he's been dating since two thousand and fifteen, you haven't got a chance. Find someone else to gawk over." Amelie tells her, feeling protective over her sister's boyfriend. "How do you know so much about him, is he your boyfriend?" Charlie questions. "Charlie, fuck off, not every boy is my boyfriend. He's a good friend, get over yourself already." Amelie scoffs.

"Yes!" The nineteen-year-old screams, jumping up and down and watching Oscar win. "He won?" Charlie asks. "Yeah, he's the champion of The Formula Renault Eurocup." Amelie smiles, happy with the boy she sees as a brother. "How, doesn't he race tomorrow?" Cassandra asks. "Yeah, but no one is going to catch up with him in the points, so he's gonna win. Just like my sister, she has her last race in December, but she's ahead in points so she's won the championship already." Amelie explains, taking her phone out of her pocket and walking out of the room as she calls her sister.

3rd November 2019:

"Come on, just message him!" Constance shouts at Amelie, pushing the girl's phone into her hand. "I can't believe I'm listening to you." The nineteen-year-old shakes her head, taking her phone. Amelie had been talking more with the fifteen-year-old recently and has told her about her relationship with the Formula One driver. It was the Grand Prix in Austin, Texas today and Amelie made sure to finish her scenes before eleven so she could watch it.