🏎️CHAPTER 13🏎️

4th December 2019:

"Lando?" Amelie asks as she walks behind the man who's banging on her door. "Amelie." He sighs, rushing to the end of the driveway, and pulling her into a hug. "Okay." She looks to the side as she keeps her arms beside her. "I had no idea." He pulls back and grabs her face. "What are yo... oh." Amelie looks at the floor when she realises Lando's read the letter.

"Yeah oh. Why didn't you tell me?" Lando asks. "I know you don't like talking about your feelings, but please just let me in." Lando puts his hands together and begs his ex-girlfriend. "Just this once, I'm begging you." Lando gets down on his knees as he looks up at the girl. Amelie sighs, walking off down the road as Lando just stares at her. "Follow me then!" She shouts.

Lando quickly gets up from his knees and stumbles over his feet as he runs off, nearly falling onto the ground. "And try not to trip, Lando." Amelie shakes her head as Lando straightens himself out at looks up to see her still walking away. How does she do that." Lando whispers to himself as he trails behind his ex-girlfriend like a lost puppy.

"Not here." Lando sighs when the two stop under their treehouse. "Why?" Amelie turns to look at him. "Because it's filled with bad memories, Eli. Like us arguing or having to find one another crying in there after an argument." Lando lists. "We're adults now. Times change." Amelie shrugs, moving towards the wooden sticks. "Were we literally not here in September, arguing?" Lando raises his eyebrows.

"Lando, do you want me to explain myself or not?" Amelie turns to the racer. "Yes, hurry up." Lando claps his hands together, ushering the girl up the tree. Amelie just huffs and begins climbing up. "This is a good angle." Lando nods his head as he looks up and the brunette. "Fuck off Lando." Amelie shakes her head pulling herself up into the treehouse.

"So." Lando sighs, as the two find themselves in the same position as they were in a couple of months ago. "So," Amelie repeated Lando, nodding her head. "Why did you leave?" Lando looks at the brunette. "Going straight in then." Amelie leans back on the wall. "What did you expect me to have a little small talk with you? You left me, wrote me a note to tell me why you left. Four years later, might I add." Lando tells her.

"Okay, okay Lando, I get it. I messed up, I broke your heart, I'm sorry. But, I also broke mine in doing so, not like my heart was already broken, but beside the point. Everything I had to say was in the letter. I was pregnant but didn't manage to give birth. Is there anything else to say?" The singer looks at Lando. "Why didn't you tell me? And you aren't restricted to one sheet of paper, and I will listen to everything you say." Lando stares.

"Don't interrupt me, while I say this," Amelie says. "I won't promise." Lando nods his head. "Okay, so I didn't know how to tell people. You know I don't like telling people my feelings, and it's taking some alcohol courage to tell you this right now. We were just about to turn sixteen, Lando. And I fell pregnant, you don't get how scary that was for me. And I didn't want you to get scared. Do you know the percentage of staying in a relationship from teenage years is less than two per cent?" Amelie holds up two fingers.

"That mental, Lando. That means, just over ninety-eight per cent of couples break up after they finish school. What if we were in that percentage? I didn't really want to wait a figure that out, so I did it quicker. And don't get me started on you barely being here. You were racing in the BRDC Formula 4 Autumn Trophy, the Italian F4 Championship and the ADAC Formula 4 Championship. Let's not forget that you won the MSA Formula Championship." The brunette smiles, remembering the day so well.

"All together that was, fifty-one races you raced, I barely saw you, Lan. And when you were here, I was studying for GCSEs. Unless from the nights we had sex, but again, beside the point. Your career had just started taking off, I didn't want to tell you, in case you made an irrational decision and stopped. Then when I missed-carried, that would have just thrown you off completely. I will admit I was in the wrong, I should have told you. And I'm so sorry that I didn't." Amelie wipes her eyes as she feels tears, begin to prick at her eyes.