🏎️CHAPTER 10🏎️

23rd November 2019:

Amelie sighs, seeing Lando sitting in the dark outside her house as she walks back from Milly's house. She silently walks up to Lando as he throws random stones across the deserted road. "You've been doing this since you've come back. Staring up at my window." Amelie makes her presence known. Lando quickly looks up at his ex-girlfriend like a deer in headlights. "Well, I have nothing better to do." He answers after a couple of long seconds.

"Nothing better but being a perv and staring at your ex-girlfriend's windows? I can think of a few things." Amelie jokes, sitting beside him. Lando stares at the brunette, as she stares straight ahead at her house. He slowly turns his head, looking back up at her window as the two sit in very awkward silence. "Remember when we had a ladder going from your window to mine?" Lando asks the girl.

"Yeah, how could I forget? I fell off and broke my leg and arm." The girl lets out a little laugh, looking down to the road. "I'm still surprised our parents let us keep it there after that happened." Lando sighs, smiling at the memory. "It was your fault it happened." Amelie scoffs. "Why, because you were a horny fifteen-year-old?" The Norris boy says. "Yeah, it was your fault why I was horny. You knew I could see you, and yet you acted oblivious." The girl picks at her nails, hearing Lando laugh a bit.

"Amelie," Lando says gaining the girl's attention. "Tell me I'm not wasting my time talking to you. Like, I'm scared you're going to walk away for a second time and leave me alone again." Lando flicks his eyes between the side of Amelie's face and the road. "It wasn't my intention to make you feel alone. It was me who needed to get away from everything, not a second went by where I regretted my way of leaving. I'm sorry for that, but I'm here now." Amelie shrugs.

"But being here now doesn't mean being here forever." Lando sighs. "What is forever, Lan? Like really, when you think about it?" Amelie asks him. "Forever? Until the day you die, or until your last dying breath?" He answers. "Lando, in the end, everyone ends up alone, whether you like it or not. That's the god's honest truth, I might as well have done it sooner than later." Amelie sighs. She had her worries, about Lando being a driver. What if one day he ended up like Jules or Anthoine? Or he got too famous for her and end their relationship? She wouldn't get past the heartbreak, so she did it before he could.

"You know, ever since you left. I've counted all the days. And I've been scared, I've just gotten past you not being beside my side. And every time I go to bed I expect to have you there, it's all I can think about. I thought I got used to you not being here, I've tried to just erase you. But all I do is sit around and think about you, Amelie. You really broke my heart." Lando confesses, making the brunette turn to look at him for the first time since she's sat down beside him.

"I didn't mean to, Lan. I wasn't in a good mind place." Amelie shakes her head. "I was just making myself and everyone around me miserable." She adds. "What do you mean you weren't in a good place?" The boy asks, making Amelie's eyebrows raise. Hadn't he read the letter? Maybe he threw it away when he saw her handwriting.

"I waited by my phone for almost four years straight waiting for you to call. I thought it'd never happen and then on your birthday... I don't know I was about to fall asleep and bam, you called. I also caught that I miss you." Lando speaks again, filling in Amelie's silence. "I'm sorry, Lando," Amelie says looking away from the racer. She couldn't think of anything better to say, so she apologised. Something she's good at.

"Why are you sorry? I don't get it, Amelie. You've been distant since November twenty fifteen. You barely even celebrated my birthday, after making it such a big deal. In one of our arguments, you told me you were sick to your stomach. Is that still true?" He asks the girl, and at this point she realises the boy hasn't read her letter yet.

"I was, and I am feeling quite sick to my stomach right now. But not because of you, it never was." The singer explains. "What happened before you left? I only saw you once, in December." Lando asks another question, trying to figure out what went wrong. "I was really ill. Like mentally Ill. I just had to get away, from everything. I done it completely in the wrong way though, and I'm sorry." She explains.

"I'm still confused, though. Why didn't you talk to me." He looks at her. "You wouldn't understand." Amelie waves him off. "You keep saying that, yet you don't even try to help me understand. Amelie, I couldn't help if you never told me what was wrong." Lando tells her. "I didn't tell anyone what was wrong," Amelie confesses. "But someone knows now," Lando asks. "Yeah, I told Milly the other day. She's my therapist now." Amelie reveals. "So you can tell Milly, but you can't tell me?" Lando scoffs.

"Don't try and start a fight, Lando, I had to get it out and you weren't here." Amelie calmly tells him. "Sorry, do I ever get to find out what happened?" Lando questions. "Eventually." Amelie nods, not mentioning the letter she wrote for him. If he hadn't brung it up, she doesn't need to. "You're better now though, right?" Lando holds his breath. "Not completely, slightly traumatised I must say the least. But I'm doing better." Amelie replies, making Lando let out his breath.

"You missed prom." Lando randomly says. "You didn't go either, as far as I'm aware." Amelie shrugs. "Milly told you," Lando concludes. "I didn't go because it was something we were supposed to do together." The driver sighs. "Well, you still should have gone. You missed a fight." Amelie tells him. "What?" Lando turns to the brunette. "Yeah, Harry B and Lewis, Maisie went with Lewis and Harry got jealous. Fist fight in the middle of the dance floor." Amelia laughs making Lando do so too.

"Here." Lando holds his hand out, showing something wrapped up. "What's that?" Amelie asks, taking it. "Your Christmas present I never got to give you, because you had already left." He tells her. Amelie sighs, staring at it a while, sitting in silence before taking a deep breath in.

Ripping the wrapping paper if she's met with a box. "Lan..." Amelie draws out, not exactly sure what she's looking at right now. "Just open it, Eli." He tells her. "Okay." The girl whispers, lifting the lid to see a ring, shaped like a heart but the gem is an orange colour. "Lando." Amelie turns too head to look at him, seeing tears pool in his eyes. "I was going to promise my whole life to you." He speaks up.

"I know we were only sixteen, but we met when we were babies Amelie. You were two months and I was fresh out of the womb. And it probably meant nothing to our seven-year-old selves when we started to date. But that led us to nine years of dating. I thought if I've already known you my whole life, it wouldn't be a problem to have you in the rest of it. But I was so wrong. You're a stranger now, Amelie." Lando rants, while the brunette stares at the ring.

"I'm not a stranger. I'm the same old Amelie from four years ago, Lan. My favourite hobby to do is still writing songs. Getting my feelings out on paper and sharing them with other people. I graduated from college with a communication engineering degree. Something I've always wanted to achieve, you've always known that. My favourite food is still cheesy pasta and garlic bread. Cheese garlic bread to be precise, but no one makes it better than how you made it for me."

"I enjoy watching the races still. Especially watching for you and seeing you do so well in your rookie season. I still absolutely hate seafood. Like who decided to go into the ocean, get a fish, and cook it? It's beyond me." Amelie lists multiple facts, adding her own commentary, missing the way Lando stares at her completely mesmerised.

"Lando! Mum wants you in now." Flo shouts from her bedroom window. "Give me a moment." He yells back. "No Lando now!" Cisca shouts, opening the front door. "Well, I'm guessing that's my cue." Lando sighs, pushing himself up off the ground. "There." Amelie shuts the box holding it up high for Lando to take back. "Keep it, it's just collecting dust in my draws." He shrugs, walking away.

"Lando!" The brunette calls out, making the boy stop and spin around. Amelie opens her mouth to say something but nothing comes out. She mentally slaps herself for not saying anything. The boy just nods, sparing one last glance before spinning back around. "Now Lando!" Cisca scoffs. "Ye mum, I'm coming," Lando tells her as he walks to his house. "I'll see you in Abu Dhabi, Eli." Is the last thing he says to the girl leaving her sitting on the side of the road.

Authors Note:

I've just realised I've made Lando and Amelie a year younger than what they actually are. And I can't go back and change it all. So pretend that they are twenty. And seventeen in memories. I will start the age correctly next chapter.

Silly me 🙃

So they were seventeen when Amelie left and they are now twenty just to put it out there.