🏎️CHAPTER 4🏎️

10th September 2019:

"Mum!" Amelie shouts, running into her childhood house. "Am, you're back." Sarah walks out of the living room with her arms open. "I've missed you." The brown-haired girl hugs the woman. "Well, you haven't been home since you left," Sarah tells her daughter. "Yeah, I've been busy." Amelie itches her head as she steps back. "No, she hasn't. She just doesn't want to run into Lando." Althea scoffs, walking into the house and wiping her eyes.

"Ahh, now I understand." Sarah nods, moving to hug her other daughter. "Hello, honey." James walks into the house, hugging his wife. "No one has been in your room since you left, by the way, Amelie," Sarah tells the brunette as she makes her way upstairs. "Good." Amelie hums walking to her room. "Do we tell her about the box!" James asks. "No." Althea and Sarah shake their heads walking away.

"The fuck is that?" Amelie asks herself walking into her bedroom, seeing an orange box sitting in the middle of her bed. Walking over to it she runs her finger across the lid watching as a bunch of dust comes off. "Okay." She whispers, opening the box and seeing a bunch of letters, photos and other little things in there. Amelie quickly puts the lid back on grabs the box and makes her way downstairs. "Where are you going?" Althea asks.

"Not now Thea." Amelie quietly says, running out of the house. "She's running out of the house with the box." Althea lets her parents know as she walks into the kitchen. "Just let her cool down, she's probably just going to the treehouse," James tells the girl. "Okay, I'm going on a run," Althea says, grabbing her water and making her way to the back door. "Be safe," Sarah says as the door shuts.

"What's that?" Lando asks, pointing at the massive van as he gets out of the car with his older brother Oliver. "I don't know, looks like a moving van." The blonde shrugs. "Mum, is Sarah and James moving?" Lando asks as he walks into his house. "I don't know, what do you ask?" Cisca wonders. "There's a moving van outside their house," Oliver tells her. "Ahh, I'll have to go and ask." The woman mutters.

"Can someone tell me why Amelie just ran passed me crying and Althea just having a nice run?" Flo bursts into the house out of breath. "Amelie's back?" Lando quickly turns to his younger sister. "I guess so." The girl shrugs. "Where did she go?" The Formula One racer asks. "Lan, don't even think about it." Oliver shakes his head. "She broke your heart remember." His sister, Cisca walks down the stairs. "There has to be a reason why," Lando tells his family. "Right?" He adds, looking towards his mum.

"She was carrying an orange box as well." Flo shrugs, drinking some water. "Flo, where did Amelie run too?" Lando turns to the youngest, knowing why she was upset. "Treehouse." Flo sighs, knowing her brother wouldn't stop until he got an answer. "Thanks." Lando nods, running out of the house. "What?" Flo looks between her siblings and mum. "You shouldn't have told him." Oliver scoffs. "It was bound to happen sooner or later." Flo walks upstairs.

"Amelie." Lando slowly opens the hatch to the tree house seeing the brunette in the corner headphones in her ears and looking through the box. He sighs, pulling himself up and shuffling so he's sat opposite her on the mattress they put in there when they were younger. Amelie too busy listening to Back To December doesn't realise her ex is sitting in the same room as her until she leans her head back and sees him from the corner of her eyes.

"Don't even try it." Lando shuts the hatch door as Amelie tries to escape. The air between them Is too thick you wouldn't even be able to cut it. "No goodbye?" Lando stares at the brunette as she takes her headphones out. "No nothing, Amelie." Lando scoffs. The girl doesn't reply, she just stares down at the letter in her hand. "You lied," Lando tells her. Amelie looks up to him offended by his words, but not being able to talk.

"You said forever, Amelie." Lando points at the letter. "I bought it, and in the end, you left and broke my heart." Lando tries his best to stay calm but the falter in his voice proves it's too difficult. "I'm sorry." Amelie manages to whisper. "Sorry, you left me without a word, didn't speak to me for four years and you think sorry is going to fix it all?" Lando rhetorically asks. "How about you tell me why you left." He points at Amelie cutting her off as she was about to reply to his 'question'.