🏎️CHAPTER 14🏎️

7th December 2019:

"I think we should tell our parents and siblings," Lando tells Amelie as they have a walk on the beach. Lando and Amelie haven't left each other's side since the other day, not really wanting to be alone with their thoughts. "No." Amelie shuts him down straight away. "Why? I feel like it would be good to get it out." The tanned boy says.

"No, just no, Lando." Amelie sits on a big stone, which is clear of any water. "Why not? Because if you ask me I personally think it's something they need to know." The male sighed, kicking the stones. "That's you, I don't want to tell them." Amelie firmly shakes her head. "Yeah, bu..." Lando starts.

"No buts, Lando. I am the one who went through something traumatising, not you, me! So I do not want anyone apart from, myself, you and Milly to know." Amelie stands up, cutting her ex-boyfriend off. "Just drop it, fucking hell, Lando." The brunette stresses, sitting back down.

"I get where you are coming from, I really do, Eli. But do you not think hearing about what happened was traumatic for me? Jesus, Amelie, you are the literal love of my life, and I was meant to protect you, no matter the circumstances, the reasons, or the situation. And I failed at that, at least that's what I feel like anyway." Lando shrugs.

"Lando, I will tell them one day, just not now." She looks at him. "Yeah, how do I know you will actually do that?" Lando crosses his arms like a five-year-old. "Stop acting like a kid. And because you know me, Lando. Trust me." Amelie smiles slightly.

"I can't just trust you straight away again. You broke me in ways I didn't know I could be broke, Eli. So just know that's why I'm going to have trouble trusting you again." Lando tells the girl honestly, making her small smile disappear.

"I didn't expect anything less, Lan. Just know I'm not leaving again. I'm twenty now, I know I'm not alone and I have a good group of people to talk to." Amelie looks away. "As, a good group of people, you mean me and Mills?" Lando raises his eyebrows. "Yeah, without you two, and Althea, I wouldn't be who I am, or where I am today." The May girl nods.

"Good thing for the girls hey? Maybe your life would have been better without me in it. You wouldn't have gone through, what you went through." Lando sighs, sitting next to Amelie. "Don't you dare say that, Lan. One, I feel like I would have gone through that one way or another. Two, I'm glad it was you, and not anyone else. And three, it is a good thing for the girls. I would have been dead without them right now." Amelie nods.

"Are you going to tell Millie about this conversation?" Lando asks the girl, feeling relieved and sad at the same time, that she didn't mention anything about him calling her the love of his life. "I don't know, I just talk to her about anything. It's not a gossip session about you. It's a session where I occasionally trauma dump." Amelie smiles, wrapping her arms around herself as she shivers.

"Your cold," Lando states. "No, I'm not." The girl shakes her head. "Yes, you are. I told you to bring your coat." Lando shakes his head, shrugging his shoulders to take his coat off you. "I was going to, but I left it on the kitchen table when I met you outside." Amelie rolls her eyes. "What are you doing?" Amelie side-eyes Lando as he puts his coat across her shoulders.

"You're cold, so I'm giving you my coat," Lando states. "But then you will get cold, take it back," Amelie says, taking the coat off her shoulders, and holding it out for Lando to take. "I've got my jacket on, I'm not cold." Lando lies, as he puts his hands in his pocket. "Put it on, Eli," Lando demands, pointing at the twenty-year-old.

"Jeez, I will." Amelie sighs, putting the coat on. "Thank you, don't want you getting hypothermia." Lando shakes his head. "Wow." Amelie gasps. "What?" The male asks. "I've never heard you use big words like that before," Amelie replies. "Ha, ha, you are so funny." Lando rolls his eyes. "Thank you, it's what I am best at." Amelie shrugs, smiling, pleased with herself.

"I have another question," Lando says, looking out in the direction of the sea. "You ask a load of questions, don't you?" Amelie looks at him. "You were gone for a while. Obviously, I have questions." Lando says, looking at Amelie as well. "Okay, hit me with it," Amelie says. "Why did you come back?" Lando wonders. "This one, I cannot answer. It's for you to ask Althea." Amelie says.

"What... why?" Lando asks. "Because it's to do with her. I won't ruin her moment for her." Amelie tells him. "Okay, I will ask her then." Lando scoffs, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Go ahead." Amelie shrugs, pulling her phone out as well. "Althea," Lando says after the youngest May girl answers her phone.

"Lando, why are you calling me?" Althea asks. "Why did you and Amelie move back to England?" The tanned boy says, putting his phone on speaker. "Oh, you don't know yet?" Althea gasps. "Obviously fucking not, if I'm asking you." Lando scoffs. "Okay, I don't know why you are using that attitude towards me, but it is not acceptable," Althea tells Lando.

"I'm sorry, Thea. Are you on your period or something?" Lando questions. "No, I mean yes I am, but it's these shitty tablets. These ones have stopped working now." Althea groans. "You didn't tell me that." Amelie snatches Lando's phone off him. "Amelie? What are you doing with Lando?" Althea gasps.

"Erm, hanging out, as old friends. What do you think I am doing with him, Althea? We are catching up, you slag." The brunette shouts. "Jeez, no need to shout, I was just wondering. But Lando, look on Instagram and you will find out why." Althea days. "Wait, it's been released?" Amelie asks as she opens Instagram up in her phone. "Yeah, for like half an hour." Althea sighs.

"Let me look." Lando takes Amelie's phone and reads the post. "No!" Lando shouts. "Hello again, old rival." Althea laughs. "No! I refuse to believe this! You are not coming to Formula One as a Porsche driver next year!" Lando shouts, through his screen. "She is!" An Australian voice comes from the other end of the phone. "You're still with that Oscar kid?" Lando questions. "No..." Althea drags out.

"Yes you are, I heard him." Lando scoffs. "You're hearing things, Lando, I have to go, ta-ta now. Bye Am, I love you." Althea says. "I love you too!" Amelie smiles. "Did you know about this?" Lando's mouth drops open as he points to the Instagram post. "Yeah, I was the first person she told." Amelie shrugs.

"No, why?" Lando asks, scrolling through comments that congratulate the girl. "Because she won the Formula Two season in her first year. Like she did with the Formula Three, and Formula Four as well." Amelie shrugs. "Fair point, but, but, she's racing with Kimi!" Lando shouts, knowing he is not going to be anywhere as good as Althea. "With me as her race engineer." Amelie smiles.

"You're kidding me?" Lando leans forward. "No." Amelie shakes her head. "I mean, I'm glad you are achieving your dreams, and doing what you've always wanted to do. But, how am I supposed to get a win with Althea on the track?" Lando questions. "Have a good car?" Amelie shrugs. "Just that?" Lando squints his eyes.

"Yeah, that's all you need really. I mean, McLaren has got you and Carlos, two amazing drivers. They just need a car that doesn't need to retire seven times in a season." Amelie shrugs. "This season was a bit shit." Lando nods. "But, it was also your rookie season, you expect yourself to be as good as Lewis, Seb, or even Michael Schumacher. You're not going to be Lando, at least not yet." Amelie shakes her head.

"Wow, thank you for the vote of confidence, Amelie." Lando rolls his eyes. "Hey! I know you Lando, and I know how hard you work, one day you are going to be the best Formula One Racer out there, but it isn't going to come to you in a click of a finger. You need to work for it. Work for it hard." Amelie shakes her head. "Has anyone ever said you should be a motivational speaker?" Lando asks, standing up.

"No, never." Amelie shakes her head. "Well, you should, because that is exactly what I needed to hear, after that shit hole of a season." The curly-haired man stands up off the rock. "I mean, you done better than Georgie." Amelie shrugs. "I feel bad for him, he got no points." Lando sighs. "Same, I need to call him soon." Amelie nods. "Come on, let's get home." Lando holds his hands out. "Yes please, get me out of this coldness." Amelie smiles, grabbing his hand, letting him pull her up.