Chapter 18:

Third Person P.O.V:

While slashing the tree Draco seemed to almost forget about all the pain nearly all of his cabin. Key word being almost. His fury consumed him, he was blinded by his rage, his anger, and his...loneliness.

"Malfoy- erm Draco are you alright?", a hesitant voice called out to him. Draco froze this couldn't be happening, no one was supposed to see him like this. Afterall he was a Malfoy and a Malfoy never showed their weaknesses, especially in front of Gryffindors.

"Of course I'm all right Granger." , Draco spat as his school self made itself known.

"You don't look alright.", Hermione told him. And in that moment Draco cracked. He told her everything and he felt so much better after. Then Hermione looked at him.

"Does this mean we're friends now?", Hermione asked him.

"Yes, but no one can ever know. I solemnly swear on the river Styx that I will do everything in my power to help you whenever the time calls.", Draco swore to her.

"No one can know?",Hermione questioned him.

Draco nodded as a tear streamed down his face,"I'm sorry Mione.", he whispered .

"It's alright I understand, afterall i'm just mudblood Granger and your a Malfoy.", she whispered venomously.

"It's not like that, it's just...",he trailed off.

"Just what?", she questioned.

"If my family knew we were friends you would be seen as a weakness...my weakness. And they would not stop until you're dead. Until they kill you.", Draco told her.

"I don't care Draco! Your my friend!", she told him.

"You may not care, but I do. I only have a few real friends.",he laughed bitterly,"Do you think I could live with another one of my friends getting hurt because of me?",he asked.

She looked at him, and her eyes flashed with defiance,"No, but i'm willing to take the risk."

Will wondered around camp after Hermes's confession. Before that he had thought the gods were selfish and cared nothing about the mortals they left in their wake. But now Will had to do something he didn't particularly like, he had to admit he was wrong.

Hermes sat by the river pondering what had happened before hand, what had Asteria meant by saying Luke sacrificed his only sister's soul? As far as Hermes knew Asteria was Luke's only sister. But, that meant that Luke was still alive. Hermes's little boy was alive.

Leo was mindlessly tossing flames into the air watching as the flames slowly disappeared when a sudden thought occurred to him, he would never compare to Nico di Angelo. Because Nico knew more about Asteria than Leo did, and Leo could never compete with that. Leo had to act quick though if he wanted to stand at least a small chance.

Nico sat down staring into nothingness while the scene replayed over and over in his head. His Asteria kissed Will. Why would she go back to him? That jerk broke her heart. Nico sighed, children of Hades aren't just meant for happy endings, maybe Hazel would be the only exception to that. Love has no mercy, it consumes everything in it's wake, and Nico was just unlucky enough to be in it's line of fire. What did Aphrodite hold against the children of Hades? Was it nothing and she found them to insignificant to bother with? Or was there something more that intrigued her to withhold the happiness they so desired?

Asteria knew she only had at the most months left and it was slowly starting to show, her hair was becoming brittle, her skin paling, and her eyes no longer shone as much. How did this happen in the span of her finding out her demise? Why did the fates do this to her? Was it because she was an illegal child born to a Greek god and a witch? Yes, that had to be it, and Asteria didn't like that one bit.