Chapter 20:

Third Person P.O.V:

  The next morning Draco visited Asteria, he needed to talk to her one last time before it was too late. Walking into the Hermes Cabin he found her laying awake on her bed.

  "Hey Star.", Draco said quietly.
  "Hey Draco, what's up?", Asteria asked before making space for Draco and attempting to sit up.   Hesitantly Draco sat down next to her.
  "You know the sky, the sun. the ceiling, and the stars..", Draco started.
  "I want to be a star Draco.", Asteria interrupted him, he gave her a look.
  "What?", he asked.
  "I want to be a star when I'm gone, like Zoë.", she stated as her eyes gained a far away look.
  "You don't need to be a star for us to remember you.", Draco stated.
  "Maybe your right, now what did you come in here for?", Asteria asked.
  They talked for an hour about all the good times before Draco told her " I need your help.", he stated before telling her about his cabin finally. When he was done she gave him his advice.
  "Do what you think is right."
  After Draco left, Asteria went to Chiron. He gave her a pitiful look as if he knew what would happen in the upcoming hours.
  "Hello Chiron.", she said as they continued to talk like old friends.
  "My dear child surely you have thought about about this?", he questioned as their conversation ended.
  "I have Chiron, please give these to them.", she said while handing him envelopes, each intended for a different person.
  "I will.", Chiron assured her as tears brimmed his eyes. He had seen many heroes go but none had been like Asteria.
  As the night started approaching Asteria headed to their cave. Nico was already there he silently gasped, already feeling the feeling of death looming over them.
  "Hey.", she whispered.
  "Hey...", he trailed off.
  "Look I never meant for you to like me, I never fathomed it. I'm so sorry Nico.", she said as tears threatened to fall down her face.
  "Do you want to know something? I hate you so much for ever playing with me, toying with my emotions. I just want to forget you, but I just can't. Angie Asteria Evans I never want to forget you, do you know how much it hurts? That while I age I'll soon forget every little moment spent with you until it feels like a dream. You have no idea how lucky you are.", he said with turning to her and then sitting down on the log beside her.
  "It hurts to remember everything, because whenever I close my eyes I see everything I just want to forget.", Angie Asteria Evans said.
  "I guess that's the problem you relive what you want to forget, but don't live in the moments you want to remember.", he said.
  "How did I ever get you to love me?", Angie asked the boy sitting next to her.
  "By being yourself. Will you marry me Angie Asteria Evans?", the boy asked Angie while getting on one knee.
  "I... I don't know what to say.", Asteria said while turning to leave.
  "Why?", the boy questioned.
  "My brain is telling me I'll be wrong if I say yes. But my heart is telling me I'll forever regret saying no.", Angie said.
  "You will always be my dying angel, please remember that.", he whispered into the night.
  "Yes.", she concluded.
  "Yes?", he asked.
  "Yes Nico I will marry you, tonight.", Asteria concluded leaving Nico in shock.
  "Tonight?", he asked.
  "Yes, just me and you right here, right now.", Asteria said happily.
  "Why now?", Nico asked.
  "Life's too short to wait.", Angie responded to him.
  "I swear on the River Styx to love you for the rest of my life till death do us part.", he whispered into her hair.
  "And I swear on the River Styx to love you even after I'm gone.", she murmured giving him a light kiss on his cheek he slid a wedding ring onto her finger while she slid a wedding band onto his. They were married now.
  "Nico your my best friend, I can't imagine never knowing you. Since day one you always knew when to leave me alone and when to make me smile or laugh. And I grew to love you for that, love you for the side that very few get to see.", she explained.
  "Star, since the day I met you I would always dream about us becoming friends. And after that I dreamed of us someday becoming more. Now that this day has come I don't know what to dream about anymore, but I do know this and that is I am completely and utterly in love with you Angie Asteria Evans.", Nico murmured.
  They laid down and before long fell asleep. Around midnight Asteria woke up and left the cave, there was one more person she needed to see. Asteria stood looking out to the Forest when a figure appeared next to her.
  "Been awhile hasn't it, brother?", she questioned icily without turning to face him. He flinched at her cold tone.
  "Yes, it has. How are you?", he asked carefully. She snorted while finally turning to face him.
  "Oh just lovely.", she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.
  "Look I'm sorry, okay? Did you get my message?", he asked.
  "I didn't need it, I had a dream.", she responded," It's going to happen soon."
  "Asteria please, do you really want to throw your heart away,? Your life?", he asked.
  "I can't hurt him Lukie. I just can't!", she exploded.
  "You have to!", he yelled.
  "Why?!?!?", she questioned.
  "BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T I'LL LOOSE YOU!", he screamed before speaking in a voice so low she could barely hear him,"I'll loose my baby sister, I'll loose another person.."
  "Luke...", she started.
  "I'll loose another person I love.", Luke ended as a couple of tears slipped from his eyes.
  "Luke you'll always be my brother, but if I do what you want me to do, then I don't think he'll ever consider me a friend again. Please don't make me choose." she begged as the tears started.
  "In the beginning I tried to warn you, if you play with fate it's going to burn you. Are you seriously considering this Asteria?", Luke questioned as his voice cracked.
  "Don't make me choose. Please don't.", she begged.
  "I won't.", he said as he gave her a small forced smile which was hard to do because the tears where still running down his face.
  "I guess this is goodbye?", she asked.
  "No it's simply a I'll see you again.", he responded, "I'll be with you until the end."
  "I'll miss you...", she whispered. Luke pulled her into a tight hug as the tears streamed down both of their faces.
  "Don't say that, it sounds like your saying goodbye.", Luke said.
  "I'll be happy Luke, so at peace...", she whispered while feeling the life slowly drain from her by the second.
  "Will you regret it?", Luke asked as he pulled away from the hug.
  "No.", Asteria responded without a trace of hesitation.
  "I hope your happy with the choice you made.", Luke told her before whispering so low she couldn't hear him,"Because Zeus knows I'll never be the same."
  And with a heavy heart Luke walked away, each step weighing him down a bit more. "Don't turn around.", he told himself as he stepped further away from his dying sister who had made her decision. Luke could no longer stop himself, quickly he glanced back only to find her gone. He knew it was too late to save her before her body even crumpled to the floor.

  Nico found her body only minutes later, the girl he loved, dead. Lifeless. Cradling her head was Luke Castellan , her brother. Luke had tears in his eyes, hearing Nico approach he raised his head.
  "Kill me, please.", he begged Nico before looking back to his sister again.
  "No...", Nico mumbled as he fell onto his knees grabbing hold of Asteria's hand. It was so cold., "You deserve to suffer, you deserve to live with this."
  "I can't.",Luke whispered.
  "You should have thought about that before. Just leave, please. You don't deserve to be here when you killed her.", Nico told him.
  "No Nico, you killed her.", Luke said while looking into his eyes, "The only way for her to live would have been for her to become Apollo's immortal bride but she gave it up so that she could see you happy one last time. She wanted to die happy so she married you Nico. She didn't care about dying, not in the end. She just cared about you."
  Nico stood up and took a step back while letting his bride's hand fall softly to the ground, her wedding band shining in the moonlight. "Why???", he whispered before collapsing to the ground as sobs racked his body.

  A/N:THIS IS NOT THE END. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT THE END. I feel like the song at the top really ties in with this chapter, if you have not done so I would suggest listening to it, but that's just me.