Epilogue:

Third Person P.O.V:

The days passed and soon the weeks, eventually the weeks turned into months, and the months turned into years. Angie Asteria Evans soon faded from nearly everyone's thoughts. They occasionally looked at her letters when times got hard or when they needed to smile, that is everyone except Nico. After her death he could never get her out of his head, Nico never opened her letter wanting to preserve her memory. He grew up to be very lonely with only his memories to comfort him. Nico never looked for love or life after his Star. Every night he would look up at the newest addition to the sky, give it a sad smile and say "I love you." His words were as true as the day he first confessed them.

Eventually a new cabin was built twenty years after her death, for whom Nico did not care. The younger campers chatted about the new camper while the older ones, the ones that remembered Angie grew worried. The Stolls were the first to see the new camper, their skin grew paler than that of a ghosts'. The new camper was fifteen, her name? Nicole Mason.
Nicole was a blonde young teen with the most dazzling emerald green eyes. Up until a few days ago she had always assumed her mom died in childbirth but to find out her mother was alive, that she had left, Nicole had no idea how to react to this. She had grown up being an only child, but there was a possibility that she could have siblings. Siblings who her mother had also left behind. Left behind, because of what? Pride? Disappointment? Regret?
Nicole's mother hadn't even stayed long enough for the ink to dry on her birth certificate. All her life she would hear stories from her dad, about this loving caring woman who was the most selfless person he'd known. But how could someone so selfless leave her own daughter? Was it for the better in her eyes? Because in Nicole's eyes it was wrong for her to grow up thinking it was her fault her mother was "dead". Her dad never really blamed her out loud, but he locked that away along with the pain. It resurfaced though when he locked himself into his office. The walls were strangely thin during those moments.
But, who was her mother? It couldn't have been Demeter because everything Nicole planted eventually died. It couldn't be Aphrodite because Nicole didn't think she was the most beautiful. Who could it be?
Nico was at dinner that night in the pavilion when it happened. A new camper claimed, with a new symbol, then another. Two campers in the same night, claimed by the same parent. Chiron stood up and announced in his usual calm voice.
"All hail Nicole Mason and Nick Gonzalez ,children of Asteria. Goddess of selflessness, regret, and stories. Immortal wife of Apollo."
Looking at the new campers Nico came to a startling revelation that they both had Angie's eyes, they had his Star's eyes. And with that Nico's heart shattered, he got up and ran out of the pavilion. He needed to read that letter.
Nicole stood in shock, a brother? She wasn't an only child, she wasn't the only one her mother had left. The whispers erupted as a man in his late thirties or early forties ran out of the room. Who was he? Her new brother walked up to her.
"So I guess your my sister?", he asked with a small smile.
"Yeah, I guess so.", she responded lightly still in shock.
Nico ran into his cabin and looked around his room until his eyes landed on Asteria's last letter to him. With shaky hands he grabbed the letter and carefully opened it. The tears had pooled in his eyes already, but he refused to let let them fall.

Dear Nico,
How do I even began this? You are my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, and I am your best friend, your Star. Nico you are my rock, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have struggled so much with what I'm about to tell you now. A long time ago, I made a promise, I swore on the River Styx that if I wasn't married (officially with witnesses) I would marry Apollo. I'm so so so sorry Nico. When I marry Apollo I will be made a goddess. It will mean nothing though to me, being a goddess. I will have to watch you, Draco, my brothers, my friends all eventually grow old and die, leaving behind everyone. I wish that I could be freed from this promise by death, but the closest I'll get is fading. I can never be reunited with you, with any of you, in death. Don't you understand? I've struggled so long with this. I know I will eventually marry Apollo, and there's nothing that can be done. Move on Nico, I can't stand to see you suffer. I'm sorry.
Sincerely,
Angie Asteria Evans

Finally the tears began to fall freely, Nico had no control over them now. She had known. She had known she was going to marry Apollo. She had known she was going to become a goddess. And she had known he wouldn't be able to move on.

A/N: So this book is over. Thoughts, comments, concerns? I remember starting this book last year. I wasn't sure anyone was going to actually read it, but you all have been so loyal and patient when I didn't update for whatever reason. And I would like to say thank you.