Chapter 15:

Third Person P.O.V:
  'Give up on love?', the question raced through Asteria's mind. Why had Aphrodite told her that? Was something wrong, or was Aphrodite being truthful? Why did she tell Asteria something so against her nature? Was love really so devastating that even the goddess of love turned her back to it at points? Why did everything continue to happen to her? First Will, then she found out she's dying, now Nico supposedly had feelings for her. This had to be, no NEEDED to be some messed up dream that she would never forget. This curse she had only made her seem more different. It wasn't the fact she was a demigod that set her apart from all others, after all they were all demigods. What made Star different was the fact that she was the only known daughter of Hermes at camp. Nico must have felt the need to show her that she would be missed if no WHEN she left them all for good, Asteria had no idea how much Nico truly loved her. And if she did then she was just lying to herself about him not loving her. She couldn't no wouldn't give him a chance. Not after what happened with Will. Asteria's heart was burdened with a secret she managed to keep from the gods and everyone else ever since she was fourteen, and they would never know what it was because she would take it to the grave with her. Then she headed to the forest to get her mind off of things.
  Leo cautiously walked to the Hermes cabin with a scrapbook, he had known Asteria seemed a little familiar, but he would have never had guessed that they were the best of friends when they were younger. Asteria was totally out of his league though, and she was his childhood friend for Aphrodite's sake! 'Why do I always fall for da ladies that are out of my league?' Leo thought angrily towards Aphrodite. Had the goddess of love been so mad at Hephaestus for having Leo that she cursed Leo to get back at her husband? What does it mean though when you love someone who you once were the best of friends with? 'Maybe I should ask Will?' Leo thought to himself before changing course and heading towards Apollo's cabin.
  Draco was sitting in his cabin going over architecture plans one of his older siblings left out in the open. The plan was flawed, the tower had to be at least eight degrees to the right to keep the foundation from wearing down quicker. But, before Draco could make the changes the plans were snatched out of his hands by his brother Malcolm.
  "What are you doing with my plans?", Malcolm asks while crossing his arms.
  "Looking them over, by the way you might want to bloody check the degree slant on the building.",Draco stated.
  "Why?", Malcolm questioned.
  "It needs to be adjusted eight degrees to the right or else the foundation will wear down bloody sooner than you want it to.",Draco says.
  "Oh everyone look our annoying little British brother thinks he knows more about architecture than Malcolm.", one of Draco's older sisters shouted from the back of the room.
  "Could you just bloody shut up Katleen?",Draco asked. Laughter rifted through the cabin.
  "You don't want to end up in the infirmary again from another 'accident' from Capture the Flag do you?", one of his older brothers asked from the front of the cabin. The others just laughed at this knowing it was true.
  "I won't end up there besides why should I care what you all say?",Draco asked.
  "We're your family.",Bella his other sister stated.
  "No all of you aren't bloody well my family.",Draco said.
  "Then who is?",his brother Jeremy asked in a taunting voice.
  "The Hermes cabin.", Draco said defiantly. The whole cabin gasped.
  "Why?",Madeline another one of his many sisters asked shocked.
  "They don't put me in the infirmary. And you know what they all are better siblings than you lot.",Draco said.
  Draco's face was met with a resounding slap knocking him to the ground in pain. Tears threatened to fall but Draco refused to give his siblings the joy of  seeing him like this. Looking up he saw Malcolm staring at him in pity. Suddenly though the door opened and in came his sister Annabeth. When she saw him her hand flew to her mouth.
  "What happened to you Draco?",Annabeth asked. Draco could feel the glares his siblings were giving him. Draco knew better by now not to tell anyone about this,so he lied to her like he did to everyone else.
  "Nothing Annie, I just tripped is all.",Draco said while giving her a smirk. Annabeth smiled at him warmly unaware at how the others were treating him.
  "Well be careful, we don't want you to get hurt again.", Annabeth said before leaving. Draco hurriedly rushed out of the cabin with her and fled to the forest to relax. No one knew the reason why he acted so cold at school was because most of his siblings treated him like trash during the summer. Pulling out his sword Draco started slashing at a tree unknown to the fact the girl he constantly tormented at school was watching him with sad eyes. And her name was Hermione Granger.
  Nico sat on by a tree in the forest before deciding that it would be better if he could just leave with no trace. Star had made it pretty clear she wanted to believe his feelings were fake. Maybe just a small drop from the River Lethe would cure him of this cruel thing he called love. Just as he was about to leave he felt a pair of lips smash against his. Looking up he saw Aphrodite just as he heard a branch snap and feet start to pound away. Nico looked in the direction of the pounding feet to see Asteria running away. What had Aphrodite done? Shooting her a question look Aphrodite looked at Nico with an air of stubbornness.
  "I think she would look cute with Will. Besides I owe Apollo a favor, and he wants to use it on his son.",Aphrodite said before flashing away leaving Nico confused. Then what she said dawned on him.
  Will was in the Apollo cabin relaxing when Leo approached him. Leo took a step towards him and asked Will a question he's been asked a hundred times but never answered.
  "What does it feel like seeing Asteria day after day knowing you love her still?",Leo asked Will. Will froze not completely expecting this question, but he answered none the less.
  "It feels alright at first I guess, but there's a dull pain in your chest struggling to make itself known. Day after day though it feels as if you're being ripped in two. It hurts to see her smile, because I know it will probably never be directed towards me again. Her eyes hold a sad look in them when I'm near her, they don't shine like my father's chariot anymore. I'm an idiot for letting her go. Leo, I love her and it burns me to see her with such a blank look in her eyes! She's like one of Hazel's cursed gems. Beautiful yet dangerous. I love her.",Will whispered as the feelings he had kept bottled for so long exploded. leo sighed and left toward the dining hall. Will was left alone in his cabin with tears streaming down his face when the door opened.
  "You still love me?", a broken voice whispered. Will shot up and faced the girl. 
  "Yes, I never stopped.",Will uttered just loud enough for her to hear.
  "Will I'm sorry but I don't know if I still like you like that anymore.",the girl said. Will stood up and with a leap of confidence jumped up and hugged the girl.
  "I know you might not see me the same, but please just let me show you I'm in love with you.",Will pleaded before he was interrupted by a pair of lips gently brushing his. Will was in shock before he noticed the tears in her eyes and kissed back. Both were unaware of the boy with obsidian eyes watching them with a broken look.
  "So much for always being there for her.",Nico said as he watched the two kiss. Asteria and Will to be exact.