Chapter 21 - More than midterms

Exam week is the worst week.

Everyone can agree with this statement, but for me, it has always been pure hell. Every since I entered school, I was in the top in my classes. So exam week was exceptionally harder for me to maintain that level.

Basically, my hell was hotter than everyone else's.

And this time it was even worse.

If I didn't fucking ace these exams, I would lose my scholarship.

If I lost my full scholarship, I would have to pay tuition.

I can't afford tuition, so I would have to drop out.

Do you see the chain of events here?

What really matters is that I study until my eyes bleed and I get the best possible score and stay here for another semester.

Now one horrible coincidence that the world decided to curse me with, was my day of birth.

My fucking birthday is in exam week.

So each year, I practically ignore it. I'm too busy studying and I have more important things to focus on.

It's an unspoken rule to not mention it.

Like I don't want to focus on it at all or else it will distract me.

But as if I couldn't catch any more breaks, the very day of full exams falls directly onto my brithday.

And exam days usually don't end until late evening since each one is over an hour long.

God literally hates me.

It's the last day before break though, ateast that's something to celebrate.

Usually I celebrate a few days later, if I celebrate at all. Sometimes my birthday gets mixed in with Christmas celebrations.

It's truly a curse.

But you know what? Who even cares about birthdays? What matters right now are my scores.

I feel like constantly throwing up for how nervous I am.

Though this school was prestigious and everyone here was much smarter than average, no one was taking this as seriously as I would've thought. Sure the library was packed most of the day with studying students, but my friends would end up being more stressed about some school drama than their exams.

Maybe it's because the whole money gap thing.

Well for me, it was all I talked about, it was all I thought about. Studying was all I've been doing for days.

Even when Minho says it's time for bed, I keep studying under the covers. I meant it when I said I was going to study till my eyes bleed.

I'm going insane maybe?

So the day came.

The horrible horrendous nightmare of a day.

I started off waking up at a ungodly hour of 4 am.

Then I made a jug of coffee, just for myself.