Chapter 21 - Aftermath

"Naruto... Naruto!" cried a soft feminine voice.

Naruto groaned as he had gained consciousness. His eyes slowly open and looked forward to see a happy and Hinata Hyuga before him, smiling. The physical injuries and the bruise over his left eye that was given by Sasuke had disappeared. Naruto felt like a new man, as nothing had happened. The sky was blue, the sun was yellow and there were no clouds.

"You're awake. Thank goodness." Hinata said feeling relieved to see Naruto alive and well.

"Hinata... you found me. What happened?"

"You and Sasuke fought at the Final Valley, which is now completely destroyed. After that massive explosion when you collided your powerful attack with Sasuke's... I rushed over after I saw you falling out of the sky. When I at the Final Valley, I saw and watched both you and Sasuke pummeling each other for hours. I wanted to stop the battle, but I had remembered the promise I made to you."

Flashback

Hinata quickly summoned two of her Truth-Seeking Orbs, shaped them into flying plates for Hiashi and Neji to fly on. Then she used them to send them and herself to safety to where the Allied Shinobi Forces were. As she flew herself, her father and cousin towards the Allied Shinobi Forces. She then spoke to Naruto, telepathically.

'Naruto. Naruto.' Hinata said.

Naruto was dodging large rocks as they were being pulled up into the air like magnets. 'Hinata! Are you okay?'

'I am. What's going on? And why is Sasuke doing this?' Hinata asked.

'He's lost it. He wants to kill me, the Five Kage and the Bijuu. But I already know what to do.' Naruto said.

'Really? Then I can assist you in stopping him and...'

'No.' Naruto thought.

Hinata was a little thrown off by his word. 'Naruto?'

'I know what you're thinking, Hinata. But I'm gonna have to pass.' Naruto thought.

'But... why?'

'I'm the only one who can stop Sasuke without killing him. And I'm the only one that could bare all his hatred. I'm sorry, Hinata. I know you're a whole lot stronger than us, but I must fight him, alone.' Naruto had answered.

'Oh... I see.'

'And one more thing...'

'Yes?'

'Can you make sure no one else gets involved? We just revived most of the forces and I don't want anyone to get hurt.' Naruto asked Hinata, telepathically.

'Okay.'

'Thanks, Hinata.'

'Be careful... Naruto.'

'I will. I love you.' Naruto told Hinata, telepatically.

Hinata slightly blushed after hearing that confession. 'I love you, too, Naruto.' Hinata continued to fly towards the large group of Allied Shinobi and brought her family and allies to safety.