Chapter 3

"

"... Hnn."

But then, she heard a strange man's laugh in her ear.

At the moment, Jimin's body flinched. The man's laughter rang louder as if he had seen something funny. When she opened one of her eyes, she saw a toe covered by a fancy shoe.

"To bare your chest and lie on the floor... Is this a new kind of entertainment?" The man's voice fell into her ears, amusement was evident.

The girl with her chest exposed wriggled like a caterpillar.

"So petty."

She was so desperate, but the man was laughing. She looked ridiculous, crawling on the floor to live.

Jimin managed to raise her head. And her eyes widened in surprise.

... That man wasn't wearing a mask.

It was the first time she saw a person without a mask except for the host and the attendants. His outfit and graceful appearance were not of a host or attendant either.

Didn't he participate in the auction?

Dark blue eyes with raven black hair. His eyes were cool, like ice. It wasn't shiny eyes from eye slits staring at her, but eyes cold like a winter night. His eyes were strangely overbearing, so even though her body froze, she felt an unknown sense of relief.

For the first time, she saw someone who she could discern.

"May I help you?"

"Or maybe not." The man took back his words before she said, "Please." The eyes of the two met each other. The heat in Jimin's eyes grew.

"The girl is...!" Then an angry voice sounded from behind.

She turned her head and saw the nobleman and guards rushing in. But the moment he found the man in front of Jimin, the old nobleman bowed his head and opened his mouth with a different soft voice.

"Count Kim? How can you be in such a place..."

"Sir Yoon. I thought you were living in peace while raising a younger student in the countryside, but what may you be doing here?"

The old nobleman responded with a confused face at his words.

"I had some work here and by chance, I bought a slave. But I didn't expect the foolish slave to run away, haha."

"This... I feel sorry for her."

The more the conversation continued, the more the old nobles bowed down and became tame.

"So, how much is she?"

"Yes? what... ?"

He glanced at the woman wriggling under his feet with an expressionless face.

"This stupid slave."

"I bought he-."

However, Yoon Hae couldn't speak anymore. This was because the sword on the Count's waist was aiming precisely at the tip of his chin. He held his breath.