Chapter 14

"The master is not here, but we must work as usual. Disorganized by the absence of a hostess is similar to the hands and feet that act differently just because the eyes are not looking. Do you understand?"

Charlotte, who had gathered all the maids, as if to announce an extremely important fact, said in a grim voice. Then, she assigned each of them what they had to do, and also instructed them to do additional work.

Jimin shivered in horror as she remembered that moment.

After the princess left to recuperate, Charlotte had somehow gained more power. Jimin was given the task of cleaning the princess's room in addition to her basic duties, and Charlotte's plausible logic was that Jimin, who served the master, should clean the master's room alone.

"Well, it's my job anyway."

Jimin shrugged her shoulders insignificantly, and opened the door to the princess's room. She placed the lit candle on the table and brought in a bucket full of water that she had set down in the hallway. Then she began to wipe the surface of the closet carefully with a damp cloth.

'.......Just because the eyes are not looking.' There was a mischievousness in her voice that mimicked Charlotte's, who was giving the speech earlier.'It's similar to the hands and feet that act differently. Do you understand?'

Jimin, who reenacted Charlotte's condescending expression and tone, pouted her lips. Anyway, it didn't suit her.

'But the Princess was comfortable with me, why didn't she take  me with her?' Jimin wondered.

Wouldn't it be better to follow the Princess to the summer house than staying here to be bullied by Charlotte? As soon as she mumbled to myself with mixed feelings, a deep sinking voice suddenly interrupted.

"Are you uncomfortable with me?"

"Ahhh!"

Jimin was horrified as if she had seen a monster. Turning her head to follow the voice she heard, she saw a man sitting on the bed.

"M...Master..."

'Why is he in the princess's room?'

'Is he missing the Princess?'

'Did you see me imitating Charlotte?'

A series of questions raised in her head. Jimin's lips parted while looking at Taehyung.

"Did you see everything?"

"What?"

"No, no. I didn't see....but if you're talking about the clown-like imitation, then I heard it."

Jimin's face darkened by the clear falling voice.

"I just did a little talking to myself......."

"You seem to have a lot of complaints. You don't seem to like the fact that you couldn't leave with the Princess."

"No!"

"Or are you saying that I'm an inconvenience?"

She didn't know why the conversation went this direction, but Jimin denied it.

She waved her hands busily and shook her head.

"No! How can that be! It's convenient!"

"That means you're comfortable?"

For a moment, Jimin's eyes wavered.

The sound of his voice in reply to her answer was not accusatory, but it stuck with her like soup boiled over a high flame. It was as if asking if she was easy.