Chapter 19

Even after the intimacy was over, Jimin's gaze stayed on Taehyung. Or more accurately, his scars.

"Why?"

He asked in a strange tone when he felt Jimin's gaze staring at his scars. It seemed oddly cynical.

Jimin didn't say anything, just stared at Taehyung, who stood by the window, and slowly moved closer to him. Then she gave him a look that told him to sit on the bed.

Jimin brushed her fingers down the scar on Taehyung's shoulder. His expression was indifferent because the scar wasn't hurt, but when Jimin lowered her lips over it, his eyes got a little bigger.

"My mother always kissed me where I felt sick or hurt."

Taehyung laughed, as if Jimin was cute, or maybe just silly.

"It's nothing at all."

"Master is a strong man. A lot."

Even though Taehyung was sitting and Jimin was standing, the difference in eye level wasn't much. It was because Jimin was so much smaller and Taehyung was so much bigger. Soon she stared into his eyes and opened her mouth.

"That doesn't mean it won't hurt."

Taehyung stared at Jimin.

The atmosphere flowed in silence, and he suddenly pulled her arm and kissed her.

Instantly, Jimin's eyes widened, but she immediately accepted his kiss. It was a gentle kiss, their lips lightly interlocking with each other.

Why? At that moment, she felt like she was getting heat in her ears.

Her lips, her wrists, her whole body became hotter as if she was in the summer heat.

Strangely enough, ever since Taehyung put his hand on her forehead, the fever had not stopped. Her body healed nicely, but the fever still remained, and when he touched her, the fever would rise again. Then at some point the fever stayed with her.

Like the marks he carved deep every night.......

* * * *

It had been raining for the past few days and the weather suddenly turned sunny.

Opening the window, Jimin leaned her body outward. A gentle breeze blew across her face as she took a deep breath of the fresh air. It wasn't yet afternoon, so the sun wasn't shining strong, but the warmth was nicely felt.

It was a beautiful day.

On sunny days Taehyung would go for walks. Jimin loved those moments. The sunshine and  the walks in the garden, even if she was just following him. Everything looked clearer when he was under the brilliant sunshine.

Kim Taehyung.

Jimin stood in front of the mirror in her room and whispered her master's name. Her hair was neatly raised and fixed, her servant's dress of a dull color. Jimin, who was staring at her face in the mirror, used her fingers and pulled down the corners of her mouth.

"You're not looking so good today, are you?"

Oddly, she didn't look good in any way. Her clothes and her face were all blurry as on a rainy afternoon. While rubbing her lips and cheeks with her fingers, Jimin opened a drawer when something came to mind.

There was some cosmetics that she and Hoseokie previously received as a bonus. It was a red pigment to color the lips, but she forgot all about it.

She was going to throw it away.

Jimin, who was rummaging inside the drawer, found a round container and quickly opened the lid. Then she used her finger and gently dabbed it and began to apply it to her lips. Her lips immediately turned red.