Chapter 5

"ou, I was so frustrated about getting scolded

"ou, I was so frustrated about getting scolded." Then, without hesitation, she took off her veil and flung it on the bed. Surprised, Jimin's eyes became round. The bride was officially prohibited from speaking or taking off the veil herself, and the princess had violated both in a heartbeat.

The princess' face, which had been covered by the blurry veil, was now clearly visible. Jimin, who was watching the scene in front of her blankly, gulped as her parched throat grew tighter. The princess's hair was a blazing red, just like the sun.

"The nobles are the sun, and humble beings like us are merely a handful of stars, scattered all over the dark night sky."

At that moment, Jimin remembered her dead mother's words. Her hair was such a fiery, intense red. As she took off his tiara, her messy locks of hair fluttered gently along with the light wind gushing through the gap in the open window.

The willowy figure standing near the sill was so beautiful. The Princess was on a different level, body and hair, compared to Jimin's thin frame and murky red hair that had become dull with continuous washing. If she had to describe it, the Princess' hair was full of life and want.

The princess looked at Jimin with a calm face as if she didn't know what she had just done.

"What did you say your name was?"

"M-my name is Jimin, and I will be serving the Mistress."

"Jimin, huh? That's a pretty name. I'm Jeon Jungkook. Please take good care of me."

Jimin thought she should treat her like a precious jewel, but the princess' voice broke her out of her thoughts. Contrary to expectations, her voice was rather firm, yet soft and clear.

The princess faced Jimin, opening her mouth again while running her fingers through her hair as if she was fixing it.

"And I'd like to ask you one more favor..."

                                                                            * * *

The new room was colorful and cozy. In particular, the bed in the center of the room was huge and an antique piece. Luxurious lace sheets were placed gracefully in the form of a dome, without wrinkles on the clean bed that looked new.

The lights felt softer than usual, and a sweet scent was subtly detected in the room. The bedroom had been carefully prepared for several days by the maids, to check whether the habitants would feel sore or uncomfortable.

In front of the bedroom, Jimin was waiting for the new groom and her master, Taehyung.

Sooner than expected, the strong sound of footsteps was heard.

Jimin, who stood still as if she was guarding the new room, bowed her head to the sound of footsteps. Because of that, she could not see his face directly. But she knew it was him once her eyes fell on his long legs, and his hard, muscled body.