Chapter 34

The servants who had been here before were unable to speak properly, and only the newly arrived servants had much to say. The master's strict order to fire anyone if they said something about Jimin or made her uncomfortable.

[Princess, it's me, Jimin.]

Jimin took a pen out of a drawer and began to write in clumsy handwriting. It was a reply that would neither be accepted nor sent.

[I am grateful for the candies that the princess gave me. It was very sweet. The princess once told me that only when you know the bitterness of tea can you understand the sweetness of cake. However, if I don't want to know the bitterness forever, would it be too childish?

I hope that the princess will not taste the bitterness any more, and will spend her days as happy as a dessert with lots of sweetness on it. She is as bright and strong as the sun, so I'm sure she will be.

I sometimes look at the sun and think of the Princess.

I hope you will always be healthy.

Jimin.]

There were times when Jimin hated and was jealous of the Princess, but she was always kind to her. She was as bright and fair as the sun. She was like an older sister to her. And she would tell her stories if she was sad.

"She was locked up in a cold, unlit room until she was 23 years old?"

It felt like the puzzle of what the princess had said to her was being put together. It wasn't that she dared to feel sorry for her. Jimin just wanted to hear the story and hoped that the Princess would be a little happier.

Jimin, who had been writing such a letter, turned her head at the sound of a knock at the door.

"Miss, Master calls for you."

Jimin roughly put the letter in the drawer, and followed the maid. And when they reached the office, she could see him sitting not at his desk, but at a table set up in a corner. He gestured to Jimin to sit across from him.There were several piles of parchment on the table.

"...What are all these?"

"A record of my wealth and the official documents of my estate."

"These are the things you'll have to manage once you become the hostess. These are my possessions."

Jimin looked increasingly puzzled. However, she spoke nonchalantly.

"I never said I would marry you."

Hostess. She felt as if she had received a gift that didn't fit her place.

But on the other hand, she felt like, "Why does this person just keep pushing through like this?"

It was an immeasurable and countless fortune, but his attitude first caught her eyes.

"Then it wouldn't hurt to see this and change your mind."

Taehyung replied in an unflattering voice.

It was only recently that he had called Hoseokie. He asked Hosekie what Jimin liked.

Hoseokie hesitated and answered. "She likes her salary."

And that she lived for the pleasure of saving her wages was an added bonus.

Jimin said she didn't want property, but...It's not the same when you see it in person. Thus Taehyung called Jimin to show her his wealth.

"Don't you like your salary?"

"I like my salary very much."

Jimin held her breath still.

'Master is even better. He stands out more than money.'