Chapter 33

Breakfast the next day went as quietly as yesterday.

Whenever Taehyung added a few words, Jimin replied rather shortly. It wasn't she deliberately wanted to do so, it's just that she wasn't

used to the sudden change in his environment. Being taken care of by the servants was one thing she couldn't get used to, and watching them serving her made her feel uncomfortable.

What's the point of meeting a grandfather with a high status and finding her identity?

After Jimin finished her meal, the servant invited her to go for a simple walk. When she said she would just rest in her room because she would leave home soon, tea and refreshments were prepared immediately.

"It's a lovely day, isn't it? The garden is beautiful."

The sunlight shining through the window was warm and the air was crisp. Jimin smiled as she turned away and looked out the window.

Then she added a few words to the servant next to her.

"It's really good that the weather is so nice today, it's hard for the carriage to run when it rains."

"Take it easy, Miss."

It was a polite voice. All the new servants were nice to her.

'Did they know that I was the servant who worked in this house?'

"I am not from here, so I will not be staying long."

"You will have to stay longer."

Jimin laughed inwardly. As a servant, she knew better than anyone else that it was just a ritualistic phrase used by the servants.

'The longer I stay, the more work you'll have to do, don't you think? How many people do you have to attend to? I think the sooner I get out of here, the better.'

There were too many memories here. Whenever she was here, the memory of loving him always shook her to the point of dizziness. And she hated it.

"I don't want to be here."

Jimin answered. But there was no reply from the maid. When there was no reply, Jimin turned her head and tried to correct her words.

"Oh, of course, everyone is very nice..."

At that moment, Taehyung strode into the room.

"Oh, master, what's going on?"

"Count."

He rephrased Jimin's words lightly.

"Oh, yes, Count."

"Or you can call me by my name."

For a moment Jimin was at a loss for words. Taehyung stared at Jimin without saying a word. Then, at the end of that silence, he added a word curtly.

"You haven't gone yet."

"I thought we could have a cup of tea."

Jimin naturally suggested.

"Thank you for helping me find my family. Thanks to you, my identity..."

"I only recovered your identity with the intention of making you my bride anyway."

'Bride' was a word that felt like a dream. Like a dream she wakes up from, like a dessert that melts right in her mouth. Jimin doubted the moment.

'Is it because I couldn't be sure of him?'

"...Do you like me?"

The words came out of nowhere and Taehyung stared at Jimin. She spat out a rather abrupt question nonchalantly.