1.1 | Ellory Hope Cullen

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

The air was cold, her body was numb as the young girl tried to move with no success; she turned her head to the left and gasped at horrifying sight before her. She tried to speak but not a sound was heard as she blinked her eyes, she looked down to see that she was trapped between the car seat and the dash in an awkward angle; her right arm trapped somewhere she couldn't see. "Ellory..." The woman in the driver's seat stuttered softly, her voice was shaky from pain but she knew she needed to keep her daughter calm.

"I know... it's scary... but you... need to stay calm," She spoke softly, her eyes focused despite the blood dripping from the gash on her forehead into her eye. Ellory kept her eyes on her mother as people surrounded the vehicle that was trapped between a building and another car that had hit them. She tried her hardest to keep her eyes open but slowly she began to give in to the exhaustion, she just wanted to pretend that she was back at the beach with her mother laughing as they admired the setting sun; And she succumbed to the abyss.

"Please... anyone..." Elizabeth Munson pleaded from her bed in the hospital, tears falling down her face as no one paid her any mind until a man stopped by her door. "Are you okay, ma'am?" The man asked, Elizabeth looked up at the pale man with golden ocher eyes. "Save her... my daughter... she deserves to see the world," Elizabeth begged the man. "We will do everything we can for your daughter," The man promised, placing his hand on her arm to comfort her. When he meant to pull away she grabbed his hand, "Cold One, save my daughter." The man looked at the woman in surprise, he had no idea she knew.

"You understand what you are asking of me?" The man told her with a frown but the blonde woman did not back down. "My Ellory Hope was made for something more in this world. Ellory... please, I give my consent... save her," Elizabeth let her last breath leave her, her hand dropped from the man as other doctors were called in. After an attempt to save her, they had called her death and covered her with a blanket leaving the man standing outside the room debating what to do next. "Nurse Duncan," He spoke to a woman, she turned to him with a smile.

"May I help you, Dr Cullen?" Nurse Duncan offered. "I'm looking for a patient, Ellory Hope Munson," Dr Cullen asked the nurse who nodded before leading him to the young girls room, his dead heart clenched at the sight of her damaged body. "The poor girl had been trapped between the seat and the dash, her ribs have mostly cracked with a few broken. She has spinal cord damage and that's only what we've found so far. Dr Peterson doesn't have faith she'll make it through the night," Nurse Duncan expressed with a frown, seeing a girl so young in such a state wasn't something she would ever be used too.

Dr Cullen had to make a choice that day, he had waited for the night shift to begin and took charge of Ellory's case. When no one was present, he prepared to remove the casts and stints before he brushed her hair to the side; he leaned down and bit into the place between her neck and shoulder to ensure the venom would go for her heart instantly. He frowned when he pulled back from her, she winced in her unconscious state before her body began writhing from the burning pain of the venom coursing through her bloodstream.