1.6 | Baseball, Nomads & Running

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

"ELLORY HOPE CULLEN, GET READY!!" Emmett shouted as he rushed into her room with a wide grin on his face. "Why is that?" Ellory asked as she lowered her paintbrush admiring the new canvas. "Storm is coming," Emmett answered her, she could envision the grin on his face. Ellory put her things to the side, she knew this meant it was time for a game of baseball and guessing by Rosalie's annoyance, Edward would be bringing Bella along with him. She moved to get dressed for the game, she knew that Emmett would drag her out in her pyjamas otherwise. Her painting left to dry, she headed down the stairs and met up with her siblings.

The family headed out to their usual clearing in the woods as dark grey clouds filled the sky, Ellory closed her eyes and let the cool breeze brush through her hair. A hat was pushed onto her head and she opened her eyes to see Carlisle smiling at her. They turned their heads to see Edward pull up in the jeep with Bella in the passenger seat, Ellory waved with a grin before moving to her place in the field. "Glad you're here. We need an umpire," Esme told Bella with her usual sweet smile. "She thinks we cheat," Emmett commented with a teasing grin. "I know you cheat," Esme told her son before looking at Bella, "Call 'em as you see 'em, Bella."

Everyone took their place on the field as lightning struck, Ellory smirking at the sound of it and the flash within the sky. "It's time," Alice informed them. Alice throws the ball, Rosalie hits the ball at the same time as the thunder rumbles and runs around the bases. "Okay, now I see why you need the thunder," Bella commented with an impressed smirk. Edward chases after the ball through the woods catching Bella's attention, "It's gonna be a homerun, right?" Esme shook her head at that, "Edward's very fast." Edward takes the ball and throws it as Rosalie continues along the bases with Carlisle cheering for her.

However, Esme catches the ball thrown by Edward, Rosalie glides but Esme taps her out before looking at Bella. "You're out," Bella told Rosalie who glared at her. "Out! Whooh!" Emmett cheered with a smirk receiving an annoyed glare from his wife, "Hey, come on, it's just a game." Ellory raised her brow at Rosalie who scoffed and stepped to the side, shooting a glare at Bella. "Nice, kitty!" Carlisle called out with a smirk. Alice throws the ball, Carlisle hits it and runs, Emmett and Edward both jump in the attempt to catch the ball. They collide in the air and miss the ball, Carlisle gets a homerun as Edward and Emmett fall to the ground with a laugh.

"What you doing?" Edward asked with a chuckle. "Come on," Emmett shoves Edward playfully, Ellory smiling at her brothers. Jasper flips his bat before Alice throws the ball, Jasper hits it and runs. Emmett climbs a tree, catches the ball and throws it back. "My monkey man..." Rosalie comments with a smirk, Bella glancing at the blonde. Alice throws the next ball, Rosalie hits it but Alice suddenly becomes alert along with Ellory who tenses. Three figures are moving in their direction, Ellory spins to look at them and immediately is hit with a thirst she hadn't felt in years prompting Jasper to grab her arm and pull her towards him.