1.10 | Ellory's Gone

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

Ellory hadn't returned home nor had Alice and Jasper been able to locate her. Jasper feared the worst for his little sister who was so much like him while Alice felt pride and irritation at Ellory's skills at staying within her blind spots. However, what they hadn't accounted for was Ellory's decision to sneak onto the Reservation using her ability to mimic a human presence and scent. She had to say goodbye to Nicola before she left Forks, she couldn't stay and tear her family apart nor would she risk hurting Bella either. Ellory spotted a boy walking across the road with a bag on his back, "Excuse me!" He turned to her and smiled.

"Hey, how can I help you?" He asked with a polite smile on his face. "I'm looking for my friend, Nicola Lahote," Ellory answered him with a slight smile, the familiar wet dog smell hit her once he approached her. "I'm just heading to her family's place actually, you wanna tag along?" He offered. "I'd appreciate that," Ellory answered him before moving to follow him. "I'm Jared, by the way," Jared introduced himself. "I'm Elly," Ellory introduced with a smile on her face. The two talked happily about their favourite foods and movies until they reached the home of Sam and Emily Uley.

"Elly!" Nicola called out spotting the blonde, her eyes were wide for a moment before she realised Ellory was using her gift to appear and smell human. "Heya Nik!" Ellory greeted with a sheepish smile, the shifter girl walked forward and embraced Ellory in a hug. "I came to talk to you," Ellory whispered to her sadly, the shifter pulled back and looked at her with a frown. "Why? What's up? Are you okay?" Nicola asked her, her eyes searching the blonde's noticing the pain and sadness within them. "C'mon, let's go to the beach," Nicola told her before dragging her away. Jared smiling happily, he was glad that Nicola finally had a friend.

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

"What's going on?" Nicola asked as she sat down on the sand, Ellory moving to sit next to her. "I'm leaving Forks," Ellory answered her truthfully. "Wait, what?!" Nicola shrieked as she turned fully to Ellory with wide eyes. "There's -- I just can't stay here anymore," Ellory expressed to Nicola, she looked out at the waves. "I've made some mistakes in my life and... well, it was only a matter of time that they caught up to me..." Ellory explained hoping that Nicola could tell she didn't want to explain further than that. "How long will you be gone for?" Nicola asked with a frown on her face. "Uh... I don't know..." Ellory answered her.

"We'll stay in touch, right?" Nicola asked the blonde. "Of course. I'll send photos of the places I visit maybe some gifts," Ellory replied to her with a sad smile on her face, Nicola nodded before the two hugged each other. "I'll miss you," Nicola whispered to her friend. "I'll miss you too," Ellory replied in a soft voice before she pulled away, the two shared a nod. Ellory got up and made her way back towards the road where her motorbike sat, she climbed on and let out a slow breath before putting on her helmet and riding away. She wasn't sure where she would go but anywhere away from Forks would be enough for her.

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

"Where'd your friend go?" Jared asked as Nicola walked into the Uley home. "She's, uh, left Forks... family issues," Nicola replied to him as she approached the fridge, pulling out a bottle of water. "Will she be back?" Jared asked next as he sat down at the counter, Nicola standing on the opposite side. "I'm hoping she will be but... can I be honest with you?" Nicola asked as she leaned closer to Jared. "Of course you can," Jared told her with a reassuring smile on his face. "She's a Cullen... the youngest one," Nicola told him with a slight frown. "Nikki..." Jared breathed out with an unhappy expression.

"She's different... no one here gives them a single chance to show who they are and honestly, we aren't too different," Nicola expressed honestly, "Our food source and life line are the only differences." Jared was quiet at Nicola's words, he had his own opinions on the Cold Ones and they weren't shared with the pack. "It doesn't matter, Nikki... Paul would be pissed if he found out you befriended a Cullen," Jared told her as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Yeah, I know... but she deserves a chance," Nicola replied with a sad frown. "Maybe will your stubbornness, she'll have one," Jared told Nicola with a smile, "And I'll have your back." Nicola grinned at that.

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

Carlisle walked through the home and found Esme standing on the back balcony, her eyes searching the woods for her baby with no luck. "My love?" Carlisle spoke as he approached her. "She's not coming back, is she?" Esme asked her husband. "Not for some time," Carlisle answered her, Esme turned to him with a frown. "They were so close, Carlisle. Why did he push her away?" Esme asked him, if she could cry, she would be a weeping mess. "The only thing on his mind is his mate, it's natural for most in the first few years of finding them. And her being his blood singer and human, it isn't an easy task for him," Carlisle expressed with honesty.

"I understand that but Ellory... she's still so young, so new to all of this and she feels so alone," Esme cried to her husband, "I just... what if this is the stepping stone? What if Alistair is right and the Volturi go after her?" Carlisle pulled Esme into his arms, combing his fingers through her hair in hopes to ease her worries as best as he could. "Ellory is the smartest in this family, her gift will protect her and the love she has for humanity will keep her in control," Carlisle assured her, "Each of our children have had this journey, she's just on her own now. But she'll come home, they always do."

Jasper and Alice had been listening, Alice held Jasper's arm in her own watching him as he stared blankly at the wall. She hadn't seen him like this since before Ellory came into their lives and she hated it, the man had been through so much and Ellory had brought out this light in him that made everything easier for him and now that the sunshine had left Forks, the dull cloudy skies were left hanging shadows over Jasper Hale. Rosalie had also noticed the way Emmett's personality had shifted, the happy-go-lucky man's smile was there but didn't hold the same joy it once did. And Edward, well, he hadn't noticed Ellory leaving; his eyes focused on Bella only.

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

Rosemary Speaks

Just a short chapter to finish off Act One and 'cause I gotta leave for work lol

How did you feel about this chapter?

Ellory's gone, where will she go?

How will Bella respond to Ellory leaving?

Any questions or suggestions?

See you in the next Act!