2.3 | Old Friends

:Sorrento Ricci played by Brandon Flynn: 

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

Days turned into weeks before Ellory received a phone call from Carlisle informing her that the family had left Forks behind while Bella stayed. Ellory felt terrible for the human girl and Edward who was struggling, she knew that this would be hard for both of them and that was proven by the fact that Edward had taken off. Admittedly, Ellory was pissed off at Edward as he was quick to blame Jasper for what had happened but how would Edward ever understand that Jasper's empathy would have made the thirst a thousand times worse; she was proud of the fact he managed to hold himself back because Ellory herself... she would have killed Bella.

And of course, Ellory had questioned Carlisle why he thought Edward's view of the entire family leaving was the right call but ultimately understood that Emmett and Rosalie were eager to go on another vacation alone while Jasper was scared to be around people and needed to lay low for a while; And obviously, Alice would be by his side. But Ellory knew they all missed Forks already, the place was beautiful and perfect for the creatures that sparkled in the sun. But something told her they'd be back in the small town of Forks sooner than they all think and perhaps she'd have a new friend join them for the adventure.

⊱ ──── {⋆👑⋆} ──── ⊰

Sorrento walked up to Ellory who was currently looking off a balcony at Italy, her eyes on the starry night sky while people wandered through the streets below them. "Your training has improved," Sorrento told the girl, he smiled at her. "You're a good mentor," Ellory replied to him with a thankful smile on her face. "I've been alive for a long time," Sorrento said as he turned and leaned against the balcony, "And I've witnessed your power before so it isn't hard to know how to help." Ellory nodded in agreement with his words before sighing, she turned to look at Sorrento who grinned. "You look and smell human, Lori," Sorrento told her, she bit her lip and laughed before focusing on letting her power rest.

"Like I said, you've greatly improved. If we keep working on this, you'll be camouflaged amongst the crowds without anyone batting an eye," Sorrento informed her with pride, Ellory felt pride within her body as she looked away from Sorrento. "But you seem to be distracted," Sorrento continued with furrowed brows, he leaned on the balcony looking out at the view alongside her. "It's weird... I was walking through the city earlier and this strange... feeling overcame me. Almost like someone's presence was calling to me but it disappeared just as quick as it came," Ellory expressed to Sorrento who was confused. "That is weird," Sorrento replied to her before they both fell silent.

The two vampires tensed upon two new presences stepping up behind them, Sorrento immediately focused his gift and created more of himself in the space they were in. "Relax, Sorrento, we mean no harm to you or your pretty little lass," One of the men spoke causing Sorrento to fade away the illusions of himself. "What do you want, Felix?" Sorrento asked as he turned to the tall vampire, a member of the Volturi guard. "We were out hunting and figured we'd stop by to see an old friend," The second man said as he stepped out of the shadows, a smug grin on his face. "Demetri," Sorrento greeted while Ellory turned to the two Volturi members, she took a moment to focus on them and their gifts.