Chapter 4 - Drive

Lightbulb groaned and fluttered her eyes open. The bright fluorescent lights hummed above her, shining an overly bright light straight into her eyes, "Is the queen done with her beauty sleep yet?" Test Tube smiled at her struggling to get up.

"Leave me alone meanie," She finally sat up and glared at Test Tube. Lightbulb's hair was all tangled, falling in front of her eyes. She blinked a few times and pulled her hair away from her face. Paintbrush was sitting on the other side of the couch, looking at her smugly.

"Don't look at me like that..." They threw their hands up defensively.

"Like what?" Paintbrush leaned onto the armrest and closed their eyes, "I wasn't doing anything!" They laughed, and suddenly the door flew open, the knob slamming into the wall and probably leaving a mark.

"Guys. That was the best thing to ever happen to me. I took a picture with Starfruit. Starfruit!" Fan rushed over and pulled out his phone. He turned the screen towards Test Tube, who smiled, "That's great, Fan!"

Lightbulb stretched her neck to see what Fan was showing Test Tube. He noticed and walked over to her, eagerly pointing at the screen as he turned his phone to where both Lightbulb and Paintbrush could see.

Paintbrush moved closer and softly leaned on Lightbulb's arm to see the photo. She felt her body stiffen at the contact.

Fan's phone showed a blog UI with a selfie of him and Starfruit in the middle. There was text above the post but most of it was cut off. Lightbulb guessed it was just Fan gushing about how lucky he was to meet Starfruit.

"See? That's me! With the lead singer of Spoiled Lemon!" Fan hopped up and down and wiggled his arms. Paintbrush laughed and pulled away. Lightbulb's arm felt somehow empty without them leaning on it.

The couch creaked as Fan sat beside Lightbulb and sighed. Test Tube walked over and leaned on the armrest. She pulled her phone out and tapped the screen. "It's 11 p.m., we should be heading home now," Test Tube looked back at everyone else sitting on the couch. Lightbulb glanced at Paintbrush and sighed, "Yeah, we better get going." She grabbed her phone and tapped in her passcode. She swiped closed all of her tabs and opened her contacts. She smiled and handed Paintbrush her phone, "so we can stay in touch!" Paintbrush grinned and pulled her phone closer to their face. They pulled out their phone and began typing their number into Lightbulb's contacts. Fan yawned.

"Man, I'm beat," Fan stood up and stretched. He stumbled over to the door as Test Tube followed him. He grabbed the handle and pulled it away from the wall he had slammed it into earlier, "Lightbulb, you coming?"

Paintbrush gave Lightbulb her phone. "You guys go ahead and head out, I need to get back home, too. Drive safe!" They waved as Lightbulb hurried over to the door and closed it behind her.

The walk back to the car was silent. Nothing was heard other than the patter of their footsteps across the hall as they made their way to the back entrance. Test Tube pushed the heavy door open and held it for Fan and Lightbulb. The sound of crickets chirping filled the air. They walked in unison toward Test Tube's car. She fished in her pockets and pulled out her keys. They jingled as she pressed the 'unlock' button. The car beeped and unlocked.

They filed into the car with Test Tube driving, Fan riding shotgun, and Lightbulb alone in the back. She took her shoes off and kicked her feet up onto the open seat beside her. The car's engine rumbled as Test Tube turned the key to turn it on. She slowly backed up the car and drove off onto the road.
Ping! Lightbulb's phone lit up with a notification. She squinted and opened the message.

555-262-7609 - hey its paintbrush

Oh, right. She needed to add their name. She clicked the contact and edited their nickname.

Lightyyy - Still drivin back, hbu :D

A gray bubble with three dots appeared, and then a message popped up.

Painty :) - still sitting around and waiting for camera :/
Painty :) - not sure what shes doing tbh lmao

Lightbulb smiled at her screen.

Lightyyy - Wanna call once I get home???
Painty :) - yeah sure just txt me once u get back
Lightyyy - Okie dokie :p

She giggled quietly and turned off her phone, placing it in the cup holders on the floorboard.

"When am I gonna get home~" Lightbulb whined.

"You're such a child, Lightbulb," Test Tube sighed, "we're almost there. Just a few more minutes 'till your house."

"But I'm tired!"

"Not as tired as Fan," Test Tube motioned towards the passenger seat with one hand. Fan was slumped over asleep, lightly snoring now and then. Guess he was really tired.

After a while, Lightbulb felt the car come to a stop as Test Tube shut off the engine. "We're here, have a good night Lightbulb!" She waved as Lightbulb stretched and climbed out of her car.

"Buh-bye, Tubsters!" She waved back as Test Tube backed out of her driveway and drove out of her neighborhood. Lightbulb put her hand in her pocket and rushed to the front door. She felt around till she pulled out her house key. She squinted as she stuck the key into the keyhole and turned it, unlocking the door. She quietly pushed the door open, trying not to make any sound.

The stairs creaked as Lightbulb tip-toed up them. She turned the knob and entered her room, closing the door behind her. She ran and jumped onto her bed, sighing. She sat up and looked around. I really need to clean my room... she glanced over at her alarm clock. 12:15 am. Lightbulb sat thinking for a moment until she remembered. She fumbled with her phone and quickly typed in her passcode.

Lightyyy - I'm homeeeeee :3

A/N // ooo Lightbulb got rizzzzzz they gave her their number 🤭 Anyway, that was the last batch of chapters until the next round comes out! I'm currently in the process of writing chapter 8 right now. Just because I'm nice I'll give y'all the next four chapter's names! Hope you have a good day/night B]

Chapter 5 - Buzz
Chapter 6 -  Together Alone
Chapter 7 - Drinks
Chapter 8 - Misfits