Chapter 39 - Beach

Paintbrush let out a long groan as they shoved their face into a pillow on the bed. Lightbulb was out on the balcony, gazing out at the water lapping at the shore just about 20 feet away.

    The house they'd found was a pretty decent one. It had 3 floors with a balcony on each one, a garage, and 6 beds. The inside was furnished with ocean-themed furniture and decorations. Pastel took the bottom floor for herself; it was a pretty small one, so she saw it fit. Mr. and Mrs. Bright took the second floor, and Paintbrush took the top floor with everyone else

    Lightbulb opened the glass door to the balcony with a wide grin resting on her face, "Painty! It's so pretty!" She bounced on her heels and jumped on the bed beside them. She noticed their demeanor and tilted her head, "Come on, cheer up! We're on vacation!"

    "You're not the one who had to drive 6 hours," they said into the fabric of the pillow, "My foot is cramped so bad..."

    She sighed and hung her feet over the edge of the bed, "We can go relax on the beach! And, tonight, we can go crab hunting and bring Baxter! He can see his family!"

    They turned their head so they were able to look over at her, "Why are you so sure he won't just run off with them?"

    "Oh don't worry, my mom has tried to let him go a lot but he just appears back in his cage the next morning! Not sure how he even gets in the house, but he does!" Lightbulb explained. They stared at her for a moment before shaking their head and rolling over to lay on their back. "I'm not even gonna ask."

    Paintbrush's attention was grabbed by the sound of thumping coming up the stairs to their floor. They slid off the bed and saw Bot trying to drag their suitcase up the steps, although it wasn't moving very fast. "Here, Bot, wait," they went down and grabbed the handle of the suitcase, pulling it up and over Bot with ease. They watched them bring the bag upstairs and smiled.

    "Thank you, Paintbrush!" They chirped, coming up the rest of the way. They smiled and handed the bag back to them, "No problem, just don't hurt yourself, okay?"

    "I won't!" Bot rolled the bag across the floor and brought it into the room they were going to share with Test Tube and Fan.

    Speaking of the two of them, they emerged from their room both wearing bathing suits with towels under their arms.

    "Why are you guys already dressed? I thought we weren't gonna go down today," they asked. Lightbulb whined in protest from their room, angry at the thought of having to wait until tomorrow to get her feet wet.

    Test Tube smiled and gave Bot a pat on the head, "Bot wanted to go, so we might as well."

    "It's almost time for supper, so y'all can go but just don't be long!" LED called from downstairs.

    "What are we having?" Lightbulb wondered aloud, peeking her head out of the bedroom doorway.

    "I was gonna order us some pizza! I'm too tired to cook tonight," Mrs. Bright answered. "Here, once y'all are ready, go ahead and come down here and write down what toppings y'all want so I know!"

    Paintbrush groaned as they went back into their room to their suitcase, reaching in and grabbing their bathing suit. Lightbulb, on the other hand, was bouncing off the walls with excitement as she grabbed her swimwear and raced over to the bathroom to change. They rolled their eyes as they closed the blinds and locked the door, deciding to change in their room rather than waiting on her.

    "Okay, so is everyone ready?" Test Tube questioned, pulling sunscreen out from the beach bag she had on her shoulder. The group nodded, so she set the two spray bottles on the glass balcony table and took a small tube of sunscreen lotion, opting to use that for herself. Fan grabbed one of the spray bottles, leaving one left.