Chapter 16 - Candy and Credits

Lightbulb sat on the edge of her bed, a solemn expression on her face. She knew Paintbrush was upset. She knew they were angry at her, but she also knew it wasn't on purpose.

        Lightyyy - How about this. On Saturday I can ask if Test Tube and Fan are free, and we can all go and do something together, like go to the arcade or something.

    Paintbrush took their time to respond, the small, gray message box popping in and out of existence. After a bit, they only responded with a simple word.

Painty :) - sure

    She sighed in relief. At least they would be willing to hang out again. She opened her group chat with Test Tube and Fan and then sent a message.

        Lightyyy - Hey guyssss can you do me a quick favor
Lightyyy - Paintbrush is feeling icky are you two free on Saturday to hang?

    No response for a few minutes, then her phone vibrated with a notification.

        Flat Face - I think I'm free, not sure ab test tube tho
Testy Westy - Yes, I am free on Saturday. What time do you want to hang out? And, where did you want to go?
Lightyyy - probs just the arcade and like 1 or smth

    Test Tube and Fan both agreed, and that was that. Lightbulb sat her phone down and closed her eyes, waiting for the day to come.

    Lightbulb groaned, the sunlight filtering through her blinds hitting her straight in the eyes. She rolled over and looked at her alarm clock. 9 am. A quick panic surged through her, but then she realized today was a Saturday.

    She felt like she should've been excited about something. Oh well, it wasn't that important, right?

    She slowly got up and walked into her bathroom. She looked at her mess of an appearance with a sigh, grabbing a comb and brushing through her fluffy hair a few times. It wasn't until her phone lit up on her bed that she remembered. Crap, the hangout was today!

    Lightbulb raced out of the bathroom, grabbed her phone, and went into her closet. Her eyes scanned the variety of clothes she had in her closet while she simultaneously typed in her password and opened her messages.

    To her surprise, a new group chat had been made. It was of her, Paintbrush, Fan, and Test Tube, presumably for their outing today. It might also be useful later for other things.

        Painty :) - i asked my parents and they said it was ojay
Flat Face - ojay
Painty :) - im gonna find you.
Flat Face - I'll cancel you
Painty :) - i take it back
Painty :) - please dont

    Lightbulb giggled as she read her friends' shenanigans, finally being able to pick out an outfit. Since they were going to an arcade, she decided to dress extremely colorful.

    She put on a bright rainbow-striped shirt with a plain white collar and wore a white pleated skirt to match. She added black and rainbow-striped socks and wore platform Converse with a rainbow pattern of beads strung on the laces. To finish off the outfit, she pulled an array of bracelets onto her wrists with words and charms.

    Lightbulb loved dressing like this. She didn't care if it was "over the top" or "too bright". She dressed like she wanted and didn't take criticism.

    She went to her bathroom and started on her makeup. She put her usual unhealthy amount of blush on and added highlighter on her nose and at the corners of her eyes. She then drew on black eyeliner and mascara, and she was done.