Chapter 18 - Trick or Treat!

"Bye, guys!" Lightbulb called, waving to Fan and Test Tube, "See y'all later tonight!"

    "Bye!" They said in unison, going off to the student parking lot. The two always rode home together. A reason is because Test Tube refuses to let Fan ride on, "Those nasty, unsterile buses!" And also the fact that Fan doesn't have a car, and his parents are too busy at work.

    Lightbulb didn't care about riding alone or riding on the bus for that matter. No one was assigned to sit next to her so she was the only person in her seat. Since she didn't have anyone to talk to, and most of the time just wanted to get home, she'd listen to music and daydream endlessly about random thoughts and ideas.

    Usually, she'd think about cool animatics of her OCs that she totally cannot make. But now, she catches herself thinking about Paintbrush more than she'd like to admit. She'd listen to love songs and imagine her with them in the way the song described.

    It was weird, she knew, but it wasn't like she could help it. She liked thinking of them. It was comforting to know she had someone she could imagine that was real, even though she wouldn't be able to experience those scenarios in real life.

    The bus hissed to a stop in Lightbulbs neighborhood, snapping her out of her trance. She stood up with her bag and got off, disappointed that she had to stop daydreaming.

    Her phone hummed with a message. She took it out of her pocket as the bus drove past.

            Painty :) - so when did ypu three wanna meet up
Testy Westy - How about in about an hour or so? Me and Fan just got home, and we're getting our costumes ready.
Flat Face - we're dressing up as coo coo scientists btw
Testy Westy - Yes, we are. Fan thought it would be fun. Bot is just going as themself as our creation. I didn't like the idea of a "crazy" scientist, but I gave in.
Lightyyy - Because you had to make ur boyfriend and your kid happy 😝😝

    Lightbulb giggled, ignoring all the other messages sent in protest by Fan and Test Tube. It was fun to tease them because of their reactions. Fan usually got super angry or flustered, and Test Tube would burst into full-on science mode to prove that she was right.

            Painty :) - can you guys just stfu and kiss already literally theres no way you're trying to defend yourselves
Flat Face - I can say the same thing about you and Lightbulb
Painty :) - oh so you're admitting it
Flat Face - NO
Lightyyy - FAN AND TEST TUBE SITTING IN A TREE
Flat Face - SHUT UP!!
Lightyyy - K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Flat Face - STOP IT MEANIE

    The sound of knocking echoed through Lightbulb's house. "Who is it?" Lightbulb exclaimed, hopping off her bed and rushing downstairs.

    "Paintbrush!" The person behind the door called.

    She smiled, "Come in!" Paintbrush opened the door, holding their costumes and two pairs of sunglasses, "I thought if we go basic, we go all out basic."

    Lightbulb giggled and took her sheet, throwing it over herself, "A costume's a costume!" They shrugged and placed sunglasses about where her eyes were and put their hands on their hips. "Good enough."

    Mrs. Bright looked up from her spot on the couch to see the kids that stood at the door. A laugh escaped her, "Is that what you're going as? A ghost?"

    "No, actually, it's a cool ghost. Get it right," Lightbulb retorted playfully, doing a small twirl. LED snickered and walked over to her, "Oh, a cool ghost? So it's like a Christmas ghost, since it's so cool, hm?"

    Lightbulb huffed and crossed her arms, "No! Cold sucks!"

    Paintbrush threw their arms out, "What? No, dude, cold is awesome!" They proclaimed, putting their sheet over themself. Mrs. Bright rolled her eyes and went back to the living room, "I'll let you two finish this argument, I'm not going to get involved in this."