Chapter 45 - Dear Diary, I Did It

Paintbrush sat down at the desk in their hotel room, tapping their pen on the edge of the wooden table. Unfortunately, the chair wasn't a swivel chair, so they weren't able to spin around in it to keep themself distracted. They heard the water turn on from the bathroom, probably from Lightbulb hopping in the shower. They stared at the familiar book in front of them. That familiar book was turned to a blank page, some of the edges tattered from age.

They took a breath and decided to dump their thoughts out onto it instead of looking for some sort of direction. Jeez, songwriting had gotten to them. They began to drag the pencil along the pages, letting their mind

Dear Diary,

Remote gave me this and said she wanted to keep it for a special moment after I left it at the concert house a while back.

Guess my wedding was important enough for her to finally return it.

Although the prolonged invasion of my privacy was unexpected, I appreciate the surprise. Looking back on some of these old entries is funny as hell. "Well, I guess I can't do anything about this now... *sigh*, I'm just as alone as before..."

*SIGH*???? I FUCKING WROTE OUT SIGH IN ASTRICS. That's hilarious. Oh, anyway, back to me.

We had our first world tour end just a few months ago. We went to Australia, France, England, Canada, Mexico, and other cities here and worldwide. When I tell you I fought hard to go to as many countries as possible so it would be an actual world tour, I mean it. It was amazing seeing the world with everyone. Me and Lightbulb got engaged at our last stop, Japan. Fan took a picture, although I'm too lazy to print it out and stick it in here. It may or may not be because Lightbulb proposed to me. She's too fast okay not my fault.

Fan and Test Tube don't plan on getting married, though. Good for them, weddings are way too expensive. Bot gave them both rings and they wear those all the time, so it's probably enough. Oh, and Bot. They turned 14 this year. It's crazy how old they've gotten. Well, I suppose they're technically like 6, but their programmed age is 14. Close enough.

They've been getting into engineering as well, probably because they're around Test Tube all the time. They also play the keyboard for us in some shows just as a bit of background noise. The fans love them, and I do, too. They're still a really sweet kid.

Me and my parents are good now, too. Going through this thing made me realize how much I hated them originally. We're not a perfect family, but we're still in contact and I did invite both of them to my wedding. LED and Neon are doing good too, as well as Fan and Test Tube's parents.

We reached #167 in the world on Spotify which is amazing and unbelievable. The fuck you mean like 20 million people listen to our music monthly? No, they don't. You're lying.

I've heard from some of my other friends I met back when Lightbulb and them were still in high school. Marsh, Apple, Bow, and Dough moved into the mansion fully a few years ago. They've renovated it and made it livable (thanks to my funding, which I don't care about. I mean we have too much money and I have no idea what to do with it other than donate it to charity stuff) Silver and Candle also got married in 2026 and had a kid, Candelabra. I babysit sometimes, but not a lot. They're a good-mannered kid. I wonder where that came from.

Salt and Pepper are somewhere off, I dunno, I think they started up a clothing company. From what I heard they're doing good. Baseball and Nickel live together in an apartment, and Balloon and Suitcase both run a bakery back home.

That's about all I know about my friend's futures. I know they're all okay, but other than them, I don't know much about anyone else.

A little disappointing that I haven't heard from any of them, I know. I don't use Facebook like a grandparent. "Oh my, I wonder what my dear third cousin once removed is doing, Little Jimmy! He's such a riot. Let me check out his Facebook profile!"

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror and just think about how much my life has changed. I'm 24, I'm famous, I have a wife, and so much more I'm incredibly lucky to have. I don't even feel like the same person who sat alone in their bed all day for weeks on end, not planning to make it past 18. But here I am, living my best life and being happy as hell. I'm glad I kept going.

Lightbulb saved my life, and I wonder how many lives I've saved myself.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

A/N// Well, there it was! That's the ending :) You guys wanna know why these chapters took so fucking long? Because I wanted to end it all off with a drawing, but DUMBASS ALERT!!! I can't fucking draw, so oh well! I'm sorry if this was a bit of a letdown, these last few weeks have been pretty rough for me but I've tried to write and wrap it up as best as I could.

But yeah, I hoped y'all liked it! It was such a joy to start and end this journey with y'all, to the people who were here with me from the start and others who joined along the way. Just a small note though, this was only my FIRST fanfic, remember? I'm going to write another! This time, I'm actually planning it out! Wow! Organization! Guys I'm learning.

Anywho, the only things I can share are this.

1) It's gonna be SilverCandle-themed, and 2) It's a kingdom AU!

Well, that's enough for me! I love all of you so much, until next time my darlings!

~Tanuki Moon