Chapter 41 - Admit

Unfortunately, their vacation had to end eventually. That day was today, as Paintbrush sat in the driver's seat of their car once again; ready to embark on the 6-hour journey back home. As usual, Lightbulb took the passenger's seat while Fan, Test Tube, and Bot all sat in the back.

Pastel drove her car with her and Paintbrush's luggage in it, while Mr. and Mrs. Bright held onto everyone else's stuff in the bed of their truck. The ride was relatively peaceful; a contrast to how it was on the way there. Bot and Test Tube were sleeping while Fan was typing away on his computer, most likely ranting about how his beloved time away from home was coming to a close. He was probably being really dramatic about it, too.

Dear followers, my vacation has ENDED!!! Truly unprecedented! The thought of going back home just aches my heart, although seeing my family again is almost better than waking up at the beach every morning. Almost. JUST KIDDING! I LOVE my family, but nothing beats the coast!

The thought made Paintbrush softly chuckle as they turned onto the highway, glancing over at their GPS now and then. Lightbulb was looking out her window at the various cars whizzing past theirs on the high-speed road. They knew she liked to do that. Sometimes she'd pipe up and tell them a random fact about a car: one time she pointed to a Porsche and started saying the price range of that model. They were surprised she knew so much about cars but still didn't have a license.

They almost hoped she didn't get a license, though, They liked driving her around everywhere when she needed something. It added to their time together. If she did want to start driving herself whenever she could, they weren't gonna stop her. That'd just be rude.

After a while of driving, they felt their foot start to cramp again. Inhaling through their teeth, they started looking around for somewhere to stop. It was lunchtime anyway, so they needed to stop sometime.

Test Tube had woken up from her nap, glancing around in a daze. "Where are we...?" She asked sleepily. "We're just a few hours in, I was probably gonna stop somewhere to grab lunch. Where would y'all want?"

Fan looked up from his computer and thought for a moment. "Hmm... how about we get McDonalds?"

"McDonalds? That's the most basic option ever," they commented, instantly spotting the two golden arches just about a quarter of a mile away. A few sounds of protest came from Fan, but they shut him down. "Chill, chill, we'll go to McDonald's, you iPad kid."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"Bye Paintbrush! Thanks for the ride!" Lightbulb waved to them from her front porch with Fan, Test Tube, and Bot behind her. They were the first people to come home, so they had to wait for Mrs. and Mr. Bright to arrive so they could get their bags and go home.

"Bye, guys!" They waved out the window with a wide smile. On their way home, they saw a text from their mom light up their phone on the mount.

Mom - You ready? I'm pulling into the neighborhood right now.

They instantly knew what she was talking about. With a sigh, they stopped at a red light and responded.

Paintbrush - i guess

They weren't looking forward to it. It was daunting to know that you'd most likely get into an argument when you got home. If they had the choice – which they technically did – they would drive off and not come home; but they didn't want to just leave their mom like that. If anything that would be disrespectful.

As the front door to their house opened, they saw their parents sitting at the dining table. There were only two seats, so Paintbrush decided to stand next to their mom with crossed arms.