o n e.

⊱ ──── the night calls the
dreamers .⋅ ✯ ⋅.────── ⊰

📍new york city

countless treatments. doctors in and out. but they didn't have anything help her. it all started as something that Cherelyn and Levi Spencer thought was a child throwing a tantrum and deciding that she didn't want to sleep the entire night to piss off her parents.

but it went on and on. Azaire would stay awake the entire night and walk down the stairs as if nothing happened the next morning. her insomnia was what kept her awake. she was used to it.

until , on her 10th birthday, it got too much. she tried to sleep , she tried to close her eyes. her mother had watch countless movies with her , only for her fall asleep and for Azaire to watch 5 more movies.

Azaire was crying in her room , it got too much. she was awake so much , that she started to overthink. she went towards her older brother's room and asked him if she could sleep with him.

a 12 year old Blaine - who was concerned about his little sister -wasted no time and welcomed her into his arms. Azaire crept under the warm covers and snuggled into Blaine's arms.

she didn't sleep.

that entire night , her eyes were wide awake. Blaine's arms were protective but it wasn't enough to make her want to sleep.

she went into her older sister , Azalea's room. the girl was annoyed when Azaire flickered her lights on. but once she saw Azzy's face, hers softened and she welcomed her into her bed.

"can we play some of your soft music?" Azzy had asked and Azalea nodded her head.

she played the soft , slow music and kissed Azzy's head before going to sleep once again.

Azaire still couldn't sleep.

it got to the point where everyone was used to her going downstairs in the middle of the night. they would find her awake at 4 am in the living room , watching Netflix.

it was a norm.

nothing helped.

today wasn't any different. last night , she did everything she could do to sleep - even if it's just for a couple of minutes.

she did skincare , got snacks , watched a ton of movies , listened to the stupid rain sounds that her cousin Lilliah suggested - but only found herself awake until the sun came up.

to say that she was tired , was an understatement.

Azaire walked down the stairs of her house , her robe on her body and her wild curls unneatly on her head.

she saw her siblings sitting against the counter. Azalea was eating her food and Blaine was being - well , Blaine.

he was up and ready for nothing in particular. he was dressed in some black jeans and a black shirt and his curls were out and freely on his shoulders.

he was taking selfies of himself. Azzy scoffed and shook her head. "morning" she spoke and sat beside her sister. "morning" they muttered , all eating their food.