s e v e n t e e n.

📍 sunderland

"well , that was waste of our money" Elizabeth mumbled and earned a jab in the ribs from Ella.

Azzy couldn't seem to look away as they continued to hug.

Jobe slowly put the girl down on the floor. Azaire watched as her hands went to his forearms and his went to her hair , perfectioning it.

they seemed to talk in hushed tones as huge smiles were plastered on their lips. before any of them could say anything , a tall figure walked around the corner.

"yo , Jude!" Marcel yelled , a smile on his lips as he walked past Jobe and the unknown girl. he rushed over to Jude , seeing as he hadn't seen him in quite a while.

at this , Jobe turned around to face them and looked directly into Azaire's eyes. the girl licked her sudden dry lips and slung her bag over her shoulder.

Jobe's hands fell to his sides. he leaned down to grab his training bag and hastily walked over to them , a frown on his face.

"Azzy" he spoke and just then , her phone rang.

perfect timing , she thought and mentally sighed of relief.

she looked down to see that it was her mother. Jobe was now almost face to face with her and she shot him one confused but hurt look before she answered the phone and walked away from them to speak with her mother.

she cleared her throat. "hey mom" she spoke. "hi baby. how's everything?" she heard her mom's voice.

shit at the moment.

"um , it's good. the game just ended and we're going back to the hotel any second now" she spoke , looking out the window.

"oh , how's Jobe? did you talk to him?" Cherelyn asked. Azzy glanced behind her. Jobe's eyes were firmly placed on hers as the girl from earlier was beside him.

Elizabeth and Ella wasted no time in giving the girl sharp glares.

"he's doing fine. he's just...busy right now" she spoke , letting out a sigh. "i'm glad then"

"how's everything at home?" Azaire changed the subject. she heard her mother take a huge sigh. "as good as it gets. i'm meeting with my lawyer in a few hours. Blaine is still locking himself in the room , playing his video games with Cairo"

Azzy rubbed her forehead. "we'll be home soon , don't worry" she spoke. "okay , baby. have fun snd be safe , okay? i love you"

Azzy smiled. "i love you too , mom" she spoke and then heard her mother hang the phone up. she took a breath before putting her phone in the bag and walking over to the group.

it took everything in her not to glare at both Jobe and the girl infront of her. she felt uneasy and uncomfortable — she wished she hadn't come at all.

Azzy didn't once look at them but she could feel Jobe's stare. "hey Azaire" she heard a voice and turned to look at the boy who was previously talking to Jude.

"remember me? Marcel? we spoke on the phone one day for like...three seconds" he spoke. Azzy slightly smiled and nodded her head. "i remember. nice to officially meet you , Marcel" she spoke and they shook hands.

"likewise" he replied.

"this is my sister , Azalea and my two best friends — Elizabeth and Ella" Azzy did the honors of introducing them to each other.

she glanced up at Jobe for the first time they arrived and her heart skipped a beat when she saw that his eyes were already on hers.

Marcel's voice snapped her out of it. he took Elizabeth's hand and brought it up for a kiss. "hey there , gorgeous"