𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

My first four classes eventually went by, relieving me that my first day was nearly over.

As for how the day was going, it wasn't as dreadful as I previously anticipated it to be. Despite the many inquisitive eyes that practically followed me everywhere I went throughout the school, and the few rude grimaces I received from what I presumed to be the "popular girls" on what little I observed of them in between classes, it wasn't extremely terrible.

However, I was certain Bella would say the opposite, considering during gym class she accidentally knocked a volleyball into one of the guys heads playing basketball on the other side of the gym, specifically the one boy whose name I couldn't remember that I ran into earlier in the day — I had to regrettably admit the matter was rather amusing to me.

After gym was over, I put my gym uniform back into my locker before finding Bella, who was still at her locker down the hall.

When she was done putting away a few books, we both walked together to where the cafeteria was located. We luckily didn't have much trouble finding it, as we ran into Eric again on the way there, who offered to guide us there and even invited us to sit at his table with him and his friends.

Although Bella and I were planning to sit by ourselves, we noticed immediately once we were in the cafeteria that there would be no chance of that. All the tables were filled to the brim with students, so it was either we sit with Eric and the few people that were at his table, or we'd be stuck eating alone in the nasty public restroom of the school.

"Go ahead and get some lunch," Eric suggested to me and Bella. "We'll be sitting over at that table right over there."

He gestured toward the table near the center of the cafeteria, which had that one boy that Bella hit with the volleyball sitting there, two other girls, and one other guy who I recognized to be that prick from earlier that I called out in the parking lot.

Terrific.

Bella and I walked away towards the lunch counter and grabbed two empty trays for us to eat on. Once we were done paying for our food, we turned back around to face the crowded cafeteria and anxiously walked in the direction of where the table was.

As soon as we approached the table, the blue-eyed boy immediately stood up and pulled out two chairs for us to sit in. I thanked him by nodding and sat down in one of the chairs, with Bella sitting next to me.

As the boy — whose name I remembered was Mike — was introducing us to everyone, I noticed one of the girls at the table glaring over at us when she saw how overly friendly Mike was to us.

Her name I learned was Jessica, and she apparently had two classes with Bella already.

Next to her was another girl who had long dark hair pulled into a ponytail and bold, thin glasses over her eyes. She seemed very friendly when I first met her, though I could tell she was much quieter and reserved than the others.