𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

I was sat in a wooden chair in my bedroom next to my desk, as Alice applied makeup on my face — something she was far more skilled at than I was.

As she took a fluffy makeup brush and patted on some powder to set my foundation, I took a quick glimpse at the long, slim, lavender purple dress that hung behind my door.

The dress had thin straps, was low-cut in a v-neck shape, had a slit at the bottom that ran up to my thigh, and had an embroidered floral design made of purple sequins that covered most of the fabric.

Alice took it in herself to get me a dress that would be suitable enough for an event such as the Forks High School Prom. Though, the dress looked like it was more suited for a runway show in New York.

Nevertheless, it was still a gorgeous dress, and was my favorite shade of purple that Alice also found to look lovely on me from her perspective — I thought the color choice was more than appropriate.

Even the shoes she lent me to wear were far more than I would've chosen. High-heeled, close-toed stilettos — shoes I certainly took the time to practice walking in the past week before today.

Although Alice offered to lend me some ballet flats to wear instead, I thought the shiny black stilettos would look better next to the dress she chose — I luckily didn't despise heels as much as other girls did.

Despite the extravagant attire I'd be wearing, I still feared I'd look silly with the bulky cast that was still over my hand and up my arm.

Nearly eight weeks had gone by since the agonizing incident with James took place. Though, much to my dismay, the prom was being held earlier in the month, a week before my cast was due to be removed — that was just my luck.

Fortunately, the bite mark on my neck was already healed up. The scar was very faint and hard to see unless you were Alice or any other vampire with a magnified sense of sight, though because the location of the bite was further on my neck below where the back of my ear was, it was quite unnoticeable, and my long brown hair was able to cover it easily.

"When will my makeup be finished?" I asked, impatiently.

"I should be done in a few minutes or so," Alice answered, as she blended in my eyeshadow. "I still need to do your eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick."

"I guess it's fortunate that I practically have a makeup artist as a girlfriend," I snickered. "I'd never have the patience or skills to apply this much makeup without looking like a clown."

"I've had quite a long time to practice in my life," she chuckled. "So you have nothing to fear — you're going to look gorgeous when I'm done, even though you already looked stunning before I started."

"Thanks." I smiled as my face flushed red.

"Perhaps I could've skipped applying the blush since you're already blushing." She grinned playfully.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭¹ | 𝙰. 𝙲𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗 ✓ 🎉