𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

I woke up later than usual the following day, still eager to know if Alice had heard anything regarding the tracker while I was asleep.

Sadly, they hadn't. Edward and the others were supposed to arrive in Phoenix by the end of the day, and all we could do was wait around until then.

The majority of the day was spent in the hotel room on the couch watching the television. I did scroll through my laptop on Myspace for a bit as well, though quickly grew bored and went back to watching the TV.

As I stared aimlessly at the screen, my mind went back to Charlie, and also my mother. I hoped more than anything that he was still safe and sound, and that our mother would be too, despite not being in Forks.

Bella left her a voicemail for us when she attempted to call her while on the road to Phoenix the day prior, letting her know we weren't in Forks but not to worry about us, and told her she'd explain "everything" later. 

She still hadn't returned the call, making me slightly worry if she was on her way to Forks to see what was going on for herself, or if something else was going on.

I tried to brush the fear off, concluding her phone was likely dead again and hadn't gotten a chance to charge it just yet to see that we tried to reach out.

I didn't even realize that I had drifted off to sleep while watching an action movie we chose to turn on as I was lost in my racing thoughts, and napped for a good few hours while Alice stayed by my side on the sofa.

When I woke up, Bella was now reading a book she had brought with her that we were currently reading in English, and Jasper and Noelle were sitting across from each other at a smaller table by the dining area playing checkers.

I stayed awake and continued watching the rest of the movie with Alice. Soon after the movie ended, Alice let us know that we'd be checking out of the hotel around five, which is when Edward and the rest should be here to get Bella to take her elsewhere.

It was nearing closer to four when Bella and I decided to pack our things early and make sure we had our belongings together so we didn't have to rush later to pack.

While we did that, Alice let me know she was taking a quick shower, and that Jasper and Noelle left to go shopping to buy a few more things for the road before we had to leave in an hour.

Bella and I stayed in my room talking while I finished packing, as Bella was already finished.

In the middle of our discussion, her phone began ringing abruptly. When she pulled out her phone and read the contact name, she sighed anxiously.

"It's mom." She disclosed.

"Oh God," I muttered. "She's probably worried sick about us."

"It's fine," she affirmed. "I'll go and talk to her, and tell her what I can to calm her down."