𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

The weekend finally arrived, meaning it was the day that I would "officially" be meeting Alice's family.

I told myself I wasn't as nervous before, but now that the day was actually here, it seemed the bravery I once had about it had completely dissipated.

My heart was pounding at the thought of meeting all of them. It was different at school, as I had never actually spoken to any of them, despite feeling they wanted to say something to me through their enigmatic glares.

I tried to distract my racing thoughts by straightening my hair with my flat iron, not wanting my curls to be present today.

Afterward, I took a few products from my makeup bag and applied an appropriate amount of makeup over my face, more than I'd usually apply if it weren't for the occasion.

I originally planned to wear a dress, though I ended up in my favorite pair of jeans and a cream-colored sweater — I didn't want to seem like I was trying too hard to look presentable to my vampire girlfriend's family as a mere human.

Bella was on edge as well about the event, and even asked me for my opinion on what she should wear, wanting to look her best.

Thank God she did, or else she might've ended up in her long khaki skirt that looked like a burlap sack. She'd only worn it once to a church event with our mother a couple of years back, and she did not need to wear it again.

Luckily, for her sake, she settled on a green henley and a pair of simple black pants — a look much more suited for her.

We were planning to drive to their home separately in two different cars. Alice would be picking me up, and Edward would be picking Bella up.

Although Bella questioned this arrangement at first — and even suggested I just ride with her and Edward — I'm glad she didn't think about it long, as she decided she'd take any opportunity to have quality time with her beloved beau.

Besides, I wanted to go with Alice so we could have some time together as a "couple" before we had to pretend to be friends when Bella was around.

Thankfully, Alice showed up first in Noelle's car to pick me up. I slid on my black sneakers, grabbed my bag, and quickly exited my bedroom to run down the steps to the front door.

When I eagerly got to the car, I opened the passenger door and hesitantly sat down in the seat as Alice gazed at me with excitement in the driver's seat.

"You look stunning!" She complimented, as my face turned red.

"You do as well — though far more than I do." I chuckled.

"I must disagree," she replied "Your beauty is incomparable to anybody else I've ever seen in my lifetime."

I smiled sheepishly as Alice began driving backward out of my driveway and turned left out of the neighborhood.