𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

The morning after, part of me did not want to believe that the day before ever happened, only because it already seemed so unbelievable to my mind.

However, the other part of me was happy that it wasn't only a dream.

It felt as if I was living in an actual fairytale in real time.

Yet, I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I now knew that I was in love with my best friend. Not only that, but my best friend that I was in love with was a girl and not a boy — the gender I thought was my only preference. Not only that too, but my girl best friend that I was in love with was also a vampire.

How could that even be so? How was this even happening?

Vampires shouldn't exist in the real world, that shouldn't even be possible — but it was.

Even though Alice was a vampire — a creature known to only drink the blood of humans in storybooks and horror films — I still wanted to love her.

I even began to wonder if my feelings for her started way before that very day that took place yesterday — that likely was true, though I believed my true feelings for her were finally accepted by me when I decided to kiss her, thus making the feeling stronger in my heart for her.

You could bet that it didn't take long for me and Bella to have a long talk about what was revealed to us. She seemed more concerned about me of all things, and curious to know if I felt scared or uncomfortable at all about it — likely having my best interest in mind as her younger twin, I suppose.

My own concern grew when I found out she wasn't at all frightened when finding out, not even a little bit like any human would feel when finding such information out. Even Edward apparently found it odd that she wasn't fearful of him, according to what she told me about the day they had in the forest.

I assured her that despite being very much afraid at first when finding out about Alice and her family, I soon grew comfortable as I learned more from her about what they were, realizing that she was still the same girl I knew from before and still trusted.

However, I did not plan to reveal yet to Bella about me and Alice's "relationship" and what all happened the day prior.

To her knowledge in the meantime, Alice and I were close friends and nothing more — that was all I was comfortable with her and anyone else knowing for now.

Although I was terrified that Edward was going to hear something about it in my mind and possibly mention it to Bella — revealing my own secret — I still felt an inch of hope that he would also know from my thoughts how important it was for me to keep this between me and Alice for the time being, which would hopefully keep him from saying anything.

That same morning, Bella wasn't going to be taking me to school, as she would be getting a lift from Edward instead of taking her truck to school. Instead, Alice was planning to drive me to school instead, something I was thrilled yet nervous about.