𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

A new day approached, and it already felt irregular.

I assumed it was on account of the alarming event that occurred the day prior at school with my sister, rather what almost happened.

However, I felt like something else was derailing my mind as well, though I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I passed it off as me simply having an odd start to the day, even though there technically was no reason for me to not feel like my usual self.

That particular day, I, along with my classmates in biology, was going to be going on a field trip with our biology teacher, Mr. Banner, to a greenhouse. Alongside one or two of his other biology classes, he taught separately from ours.

Luckily, Bella was in his fifth-period biology class, so she'd also be going on the field trip, meaning I wouldn't be stuck alone the entire time.

I was leaning up against one of the school buses, watching Bella from afar as she was talking to Mike next to her truck, waiting to be told which bus to go on by the teacher. I also noticed the sky was overcast, though it hadn't rained yet — fortunately, I remembered to bring my raincoat for the trip, as I was finally becoming used to the climate norm here.

As I continued waiting, I peered to the side and spotted Alice, along with three of her adoptive siblings, Edward, Jasper, and Noelle walking from the corner of the lot, heading in the direction of the school buses.

Feeling tense from the previous day, I watched them gracefully walk through the lot — Alice hadn't noticed me yet.

When she did, her face seemed to light up, as did mine. She quickly murmured something to her siblings — Edward was not paying attention as he kept his gaze on someone else I knew — and made her way over to me, seeming enthusiastic by my presence.

"Hi, Scarlett!" Alice called out excitedly, influencing me to smile. "Are you going on this field trip too?"

"Yeah," I nodded confirmingly. "You're going as well?"

"Yes," she nodded. " I have Mr. Banner for third-period biology with Jasper and Noelle."

I suddenly felt much more ecstatic about this field trip, knowing she'd be going to the greenhouse with us.

"Would you like to sit together on the bus?" She then asked, her voice sounded hopeful.

"Sure!" I agreed freely. "Well, if we're assigned the same bus, that is."

"Mr. Banner doesn't mind which bus we choose to get on." She informed me. "As long as they know who is on which bus for roll call so they can keep track of everyone."

"Oh," I paused, feeling surprised that was allowed. "Then I guess we can be bus buddies after all."

"Wonderful!" She exclaimed joyfully. "I'll just go inform Mr. Banner real quick so he knows."