𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

As Edward was speeding through town, I was still trying to catch my breath from what had just occurred, when Alice gently placed her hand on my left shoulder — influencing me to turn and look at her for the first time since getting in.

"Scarlett, are you alright?" Her soft, melodic voice spoke with concern.

"I think so," I answered, clearing my throat from the hoarseness in it.

"Don't worry," she said. "You're safe now."

"I should go back there and rip those guys' heads off." Edward snarled, not taking his eyes off the road.

"No, you shouldn't," Bella suggested, as her eyes widened.

"Edward, you need to calm down," Alice said, keeping her tone reasonable.

"Alice, you don't know the vile, repulsive things those men were thinking—" Edward bit, his expression filled with fury.

"Edward." Alice sternly interrupted before Bella turned to face him again.

"How would you know what they could've been thinking?" Bella questioned.

Edward kept silent for a quick moment — seeming wary to speak almost — Alice didn't say a word either.

"It's not hard to guess." He uttered, shaking his head.

I suddenly remembered Angela and Jessica — how we were supposed to meet them in front of La Bella Italia for dinner. I was afraid they were already panicked about where we could've been, and possibly already called the police to search for us by now.

"Bella, we need to go find Angela and Jessica," I exclaimed, worried. "We were supposed to meet them earlier."

"You're right," Bella murmured. "Edward, you have to drive us back downtown — they need to know we're alright."

Edward hesitated, before finally pulling into another empty road to turn around and head back in the other direction where the restaurant was.

After a few short minutes of driving, we were back downtown and saw the sign for the restaurant in the distance — which Edward was driving toward. That's when I realized I, nor Bella did not tell him which restaurant we needed to be at.

I began to contemplate how Edward could have known exactly which place we had to meet the girls. There were several restaurants in the area, and we never mentioned the name to him once.

When we glanced out the window, we instantly saw Jessica and Angela standing in front of the place — seemingly worried.

Edward pulled into a parking spot close by before Bella and I got out of the Volvo and rushed up to the girls on the sidewalk.

"Guys, we're so sorry. We just—" I quickly started apologizing.

"Where were you two?" Angela asked, sighing in relief at the sight of us. "We left you both several messages."