𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

Before I knew it, the taxi driver was already pulling onto Cactus Road and eventually turning onto Fifty-Eighth Street — one street down from our old home.

I began to ponder about where our mother was if she wasn't in Phoenix. I imagined that she was terrified right now about where both her daughters were, though I had to shove those worries to the side for now.

A large, familiar brick building could finally be seen in the near distance, our old dance studio that was still the same as I remembered it being.

I wouldn't have been able to read the sign hanging from the side of the building that had the studio's name on it clearly enough if it weren't for the tall street lights that stood by the building — the sky was dark by the time I arrived.

I pulled out some cash from my wallet and handed it to the driver while thanking him before I got out of the car. He gave me one last look of concern before driving away down another street — I was now alone in the pitch darkness.

I exhaled deeply from holding my breath before stepping over to the front door of the studio. It looked as if nobody was there, or had been there for a while. All the lights were off on the inside from what I could see through the blind-covered windows, and the parking lot was empty as well.

Without any more hesitation, I went to tug on the door handle, immediately noticing it was left unlocked.

Strange, I thought.

I slowly turned the knob and lightly pushed open the door. Inside was the same dark carpeted lobby I recognized, with a small seating area in the corner lined with wooden cushioned chairs along with a check-in desk near it.

I looked around the quiet, bleak room, questioning if Bella had actually come here, or was no longer here if she did.

That's when I heard a scream that echoed through the building.

A familiar scream that I knew had to be from Bella.

Panicked, I ran over to the stained glass double doors that led to the dance floors. I tried looking in first to see if I saw anything through the glass, which is when I thought I could see a tall, dark figure far in the distance — moving steadily towards the center in the direction of something I couldn't see clearly through the glass.

My heart was pounding so loud through my chest, that I feared it could easily be heard in this quiet building. I tried my hardest to control my breathing so I wouldn't hyperventilate, and found it in myself to carefully try to push open the door quietly.

Luckily, the door did not make any visible noise as I pressed it open, only enough to where I could peek in.

The sight I saw sent terror down my veins.