𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

The month that followed was quite tedious, to put it mildly.

It was now early March. The spring dance had passed — meaning I would no longer have to listen to Jessica's constant rambling about how "good" Mike looked in his suit — and students were now getting excited about prom, which was being held at the beginning of May.

Mike brought up the topic of prom to me earlier in the week — and most likely Bella as well — and wondered if I would go with him.

Although I already knew my answer, I knew he would pester me longer if I didn't come up with a different excuse this time.

Nevertheless, I ended up telling him I would be visiting Phoenix that weekend to visit my mom. Though Mike was skeptical at first with my excuse, he took it better than the genuine explanation I gave him last time about not being interested in those kinds of events — since apparently, that's so unbelievable to him.

I didn't feel that regretful with my white lie, seeing as my mother would likely want to see me and Bella soon anyway.

Even though I wasn't sure if she'd even be in Phoenix that weekend depending on where Phil needed to be for work, that weekend was suddenly the ideal time to visit home — I'm sure Bella would agree as well.

Speaking of her, during the entire month of February, she was not acting like her normal self.

She was still friendly to me, though quieter than ever, and acted overly distant. When she'd drive us to and from school every day, she kept to herself for the most part — she seemed completely miserable if I'm being fully honest.

Even at home, if she wasn't cooking dinner for us, she would remain in her bedroom after school and on the weekends, and would only ever come out to use the restroom.

This worried Charlie, and although he asked me if I knew what was going on with her, I told him I didn't, as I truthfully didn't know the cause behind her despairing mood.

I could only assume it had to do with Edward.

Anytime I would try to talk to her about it — to see if there was anything I could do to lighten her spirits — she'd give me a fairly dismissive answer to try and dodge the topic as if she was too embarrassed to speak on it.

I eventually let it go and decided to let her come out about it on her own time when she was ready to.

All I knew was that ever since that heated conversation she had with Edward outside the greenhouse, she and Edward hadn't spoken to each other since that day.

I soon found out that apparently, any time she'd try to speak with him in Biology, he would ignore her entirely and act as if she wasn't even there — and they had to sit next to each other every day in that class.