𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

─── ・ 。゚♡: *

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

English class was able to take my mind off of the rather awkward lunch period that occurred an hour prior.

I wasn't sure if awkward was the right term to use to describe it, though I was unsure of a word more fitting to portray it. Regardless, I still felt quite uneasy about it.

Was it because that one girl named Alice caught me looking over at her, and reacted rather strangely when she did? Or was it on account of the entire Cullen group as a whole, and how peculiar yet alluring they were?

This strange feeling that I had within me about them that I couldn't recognize was almost unbearable. Nevertheless, I did my best to remain focused on my assignments throughout the rest of the hour.

After fifth period was over, I walked through all the noisy, talkative students in the hallway, finally reaching my locker. I input my locker combination, opened my locker, and retrieved my unused notebook for my creative art class, which was thankfully my final class for the day and the only class I was remotely looking forward to.

"Hello!" said a melodic, female voice from behind me.

I jolted slightly, turning away from my locker to look and see who said that. When I looked behind me, I saw the same girl from the cafeteria who caught me gazing at her — Alice Cullen.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" She hastily apologized. "I didn't mean to startle you."

I shook my head. "No worries, you didn't mean to."

Her large, glistening eyes — which I had noticed were a dark onyx shade — admired mine. A soft smile appeared on her berry-toned lips as she kept her gaze on mine. She stood with such grace; possibly an inch shorter than my five-foot-five stature.

"You're new here, right?" She politely asked.

"Yeah, I am," I said with reluctance. "I'm Scarlett."

"It's lovely to meet you, Scarlett!" Her voice chirped. "My name is Alice."

"Nice to meet you too," I replied, attempting to smile back.

I grew nervous, hoping she was not going to confront me about looking at her during lunch. Although it may sound like a silly thing to worry about, most individuals would be surprised to know that most girls my age can act quite bitter and irritable to those who even glance at them for a singular second, not counting just boys. One reason out of many as to why middle and high school girls should not be trusted — they are always brutal.

"What class are you going to?" Alice asked, interrupting my racing thoughts.

"Creative art," I answered.

"I have that class next, too!" She merrily revealed. "Would you like me to show you the way there?"

Reluctant at first, I nodded. "Sure, if you don't mind." I was thankful for her offer, as I didn't know my way to that class yet.