Chapter 17 | Questions Which are Answerless

WARNING: CORRUPTED FILES HAS ACTIVATED SYSTEM PERSONALITY MODE

PERSONALITY CHOSEN: HELPFUL.
REQUESTING ADMIN FILE VERIFICATION AND/OR FIX.

THE NEXT DAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH 1980.

YOU'RE SCREWED USER SAM REED!

"H-How do yo-you know so m-much?"

The little boy dangled his legs off the bed where the shorter girl lay under the sheets. He smiled pridefully, "Boy scout stuff." He'd say, "That's what camp is for, right?"

She had been given tea to ease her summer illness- one that did wonders for her headache. He made the tea out of herbs he found all by himself.

Sam blinked at him before shifting her gaze to the cabin's ceiling. "O-Or it's so you-you're out of your par-parent's w-w-way."

His smile briefly turned into a frown before the little boy sighed, "... No. No, that's... not what camp is for." He looked down at the floorboards in thought.

Sam chuckled sadly, "F-For my d-d-dad it is..." She'd pause, "... an-and mom."

That was a newer development. Her mom wasn't on her side anymore... she was on the side with alcohol and desolate closets to hide in.

"Mmmm." The little boy hummed, thinking, "Let's... think of it as something else."

She'd shift her head on her pillow to look at him curiously, "As wh-what?"

"..." He appeared reluctant, fidgeting, before saying it thoughtlessly, "Adventures with me."

Sam couldn't help but smile.

He's able to light up any room with his cheerful nature. It was a superpower, wasn't it?

"Th-That sound-ds be-better."

It was musty.

Two blankets were draped over her still body. The woman shifted under them uncomfortably- her vision blurry as her eyelids fluttered open.