Chapter 20 | Apologies Written in Mystery

SEPTEMBER 25TH, 1980

A week of being held captive.

How many people survived his homicide? If anyone did... they definitely aren't coming back.

She's silently been hoping that someone will return for her- but some hopes are nothing but wishes. Perhaps she's assumed dead.

This man was strangely kind for a murderer- but she had a home. She had a family and Tammy... who was practically her sister.

Tammy knew her trip would be for a few weeks, so she wouldn't come looking anytime soon.

A part of her didn't want to leave... a part of her liked the man's company.

Was this Stockholm Syndrome?

She'd assume it only happened with captors who were manipulative... but what do you call this? He's been a huge sweetheart and hasn't laid a finger on her. His hole trap got her, but he's making up for it by healing her.

And he's a good cook, too! He hunts his own food and knows how to make it... how cool is that?

Oh, god, that was Stockholm speaking- wasn't it?

She witnessed him kill the people she arrived with. He killed with no remorse and extreme amounts of pain- she saw it.

Evan died in agony, Terri was brutalized, and other unknown teenagers were left as bleeding lumps of flesh in the middle of the forest. How could she feel safe in a man that's killed in front of her? She must be crazy.

Sam covered her face with both hands. The ginger woman was sprawled out on her recently renovated queen-sized bed. She had the pleasure of witnessing the sun during the day.

It was uncommon for her to get the opportunity to be brought out of the room- but at least she got to use a normal bathroom.

Having a fractured leg makes a human practically useless.

She retracted her hands and stared out the window longingly. It was mid-day, around lunchtime.

Coincidently, the slasher walked past the window from a distance. She watched him carry two large logs under both arms- his muscles straining under his tight red flannel.