Chapter 29 | She Wasn't Forgotten

NOVEMBER 3RD, 1980WELCOME BACK USER SAM REED!

NOVEMBER 3RD, 1980
WELCOME BACK USER SAM REED!

Being held against your will gave you plenty of time to think.

Sam sat on the living room couch. New and washed blankets were knitted into it to fix it without replacement. It was much better to relax on it now.

Since Halloween, the day she asked to go home, Jason's hovering has worsened tremendously.

He was an emotional and anxiety-ridden man. 

When Jason wasn't running around the camp doing god knows what- he was hovering around her and occasionally carving pieces of wood. Not only that, but their visit to his shrine to Pamela has given her a lot to think about.

Did Pamela do something with that book to curse the camp? She knew the woman to be kind, generous, and thoughtful... how could she do this?

Not only that, but the curse is affecting Jason severely. He's turned into a mindless sentry.

Why would Pamela do that to her own son?

Sam knew that his puppy-guarding behavior and refusal of her freedom weren't positive, but she understood his sheer desperation. In his defense... her existence allows him to stay conscious.

When she put herself in his shoes- she felt like an anxiety-ridden mess of jumbled thoughts and social inexperience.

But if she has to think about how he feels so much... how could that make it okay?

The front door of the cabin creaks open.

Sam's fingers were rooted into her hair, strands sprawled erratically, as she hunched over herself on the couch. It was unlike her to respond to outside stimuli while daydreaming.

"Hey..." She pulled her hands out of her hair and sat straight, "Jason?"

The man walking in pushed the door shut. He always wore the same flannel whenever he went outside- only his shirt and pants visibly changing every now and then. Jason tended to smell a little musty because of this.