Chapter 24 | A Traumatizing Battle

His widened blue eyes, dark under his dirty mask, met hers

The regret pulsing through her body wasn't nearly as quick as the football tackle dealt by the horrifying creature.

All the air left his lungs when his back met the floor. Jason coughed and gasped for a moment of clarity.

Its elongated fingers, bony like a malnourished predator, twitched with anticipation when it wrung them into the air. The murderer's bulkier mitts grabbed its risen wrist- clenching until Sam heard a sickening crunch.

The being's mouth dropped open, its mangled two rows of yellow teeth shining under the dim lights as it howled with an agonized scream.

Jason uses his other hand to grab onto its other wrist.

"Light-" He'd croak, "The- Flashlight!"

She was ripped out of her deer in a headlights state. Looking around, Sam noticed the bulky black flashlight on the coffee table behind them.

Leaning against the wall- Sam hurriedly lumbered toward the coffee table.

The table directly behind their quarrel.

Its attention was split when it noticed her coordinate around them. Flailing under Jason's hold- the awful creature snapped its jaws uncomfortably close to her.

Her eyes were clouding, her lungs howling like she was drowning, but she pressed on.

Finally grabbing the light- she fumbled with it sloppily. 

Sam nearly dropped the thing but, finally, flicked it on and pointed it at the creature.

An awful ear-splitting scream made her head do circles. It was a sound from the depths of darkness, from an impossible creature that no god could've made, ringing her ears like the bell of death.

Its bulbous white eyes shone under the light, reminding her of a wild animal.

Jason pushed the creature onto his back, straddling its elongated and emaciated torso.