51

Life after returning to City B did not change much for Ruan Mian.

The only difference was that she was single before leaving City B, and then she became a partner just four days later. people.

Regarding her relationship, apart from her close friends, the first person to know was Lin Jia Hui, who lived in the same room.

Lin Jia Hui first spent five minutes of silence to express her shock, and then began a natural cross-examination, detailing everything and refusing to miss any link.

Naturally, Ruan Mian would not tell every detail, but would only answer key points, such as a blind date or the fateful meeting between two families.

Lin Jia Hui said three damn words in a row, and then sighed in a tone of experience: "I have told you a long time ago, from the moment you met again, fate has tied the two of you together, and I don't know what happened at the beginning. Who thinks I'm too lazy to worry about things, but what happened..."

She tilted her head and looked at Ruan Mian, and joked: "I didn't even dare to think that I was kidnapped just when I was going back to celebrate the festival."

Ruan Mian smiled sheepishly and was about to explain something when the cell phone on the table rang at the right time, and the two of them looked over.

The caller ID was Chen Yi.

Lin Jia Hui thoughtfully left the living room space to Ruan Mian, but she did not stay in the living room, but went back to the room with her mobile phone.

In fact, when they arrived at the airport in the afternoon, the two of them had already talked on the phone and made an appointment to go out for dinner this weekend.

However, Chen Yi said on the phone that he was going on a temporary mission and his return date was uncertain.

"Sorry, I can't have dinner with you next week."

Chen Yi didn't know where he was, and the receiver was filled with the sound of howling wind.

"It doesn't matter, you go about your business first."

The intermittent contact before made Ruan Mian well prepared for this situation, and she couldn't say she was disappointed at the moment.

Chen Yi hummed, and there was an urging voice next to him.

He whispered: "I will come back as soon as possible."

"good."

Before hanging up, Ruan Mian thought of something again and called him, "Chen Yi."

He paused and asked, "What's wrong?"

Ruan Mian looked at the key placed on the corner of the table and warned, "Be careful."

"Okay, I will."

After hanging up the phone, Ruan Mian put down the phone, picked up the key and played with it a few times.

It was dark outside the window, and she lowered her eyes and sighed softly.

After the short vacation, Ruan Mian's life returned to the same routine as before.

Her busy work meant that she couldn't spare much time to miss Chen Yi. She only occasionally checked out his WeChat Moments when she had nothing to do.

The days passed like this day by day, and June came to an end in the blink of an eye.

In the increasingly hot weather in City B, Ruan Mian received a call from Li Zhi and met with him during her break.