Chapter 25: Personal

Temptest stood outside the Autobot base as Optimus scolded her. He was clearly very upset and each time she tried to interrupt him (which was usually easy), the Prime just forged on.

"–and against Ratchet, no less?" Optimus ranted. "Ratchet purposefully aggravates bots, physically and verbally, but he is a vital and valued member of my team and you have no right to attack him, regardless of your political affiliations."

Temptest growled. "He threw a wrench at me!"

"But why would you attack him!?"

"I wasn't going to kill him," Temptest exclaimed. "I was proving a point!"

Optimus glared; this was probably the most emotion she'd seen out of him in a single moment. "You were using violence and fear to control someone who is clearly less powerful than you! That is exactly the kind of unfair, cruel treatment that started this war in the first place!"

Temptest snarled. "What are you trying to say?"

Optimus stepped closer, towering over her with anger and disappointment written across his face. "You are  emotionally volatile and impulsive, and everything you do is completely saturated with unchecked rage. If you cannot restrain yourself from violent outbursts against your allies, then you are not qualif—"

Temptest passed out.

Optimus, his intake still hanging open, stared for a moment in disbelief before coming to his senses. He quickly reached down and grabbed Temptest's arm before slinging her over his shoulder. The door to the base flew open as the Prime marched inside and fixed his gaze on his medic.

"Ratchet!" Optimus was pissed. "What did you do?"

Ratchet threw his servos in the air. "It's a sedative! She was fragging rabid!"

"Watch your tone," Optimus warned. "We will discuss your failure after this mess has been dealt with. Bumblebee, wake up Soundwave."

Arcee waited until Optimus wasn't looking before looked at Ratchet with wide optics and whispering to him. "You're so fragged. Why is he so angry?"

"You haven't seen him mad yet," Ratchet grumbled.

Bumblebee poked Soundwave's visor a few times, which seemed sufficient, because the next moment, the black bot was pulling his tentacle out of the computer and standing up. It wasn't long before he noticed Optimus was carrying his unconscious charge.

Immediately, Soundwave strided across the room, his tentacles crackling with electric charge.

Optimus held out his servo. "Temptest and Ratchet got into a fight and Ratchet sedated her. I doubt she sustained any injuries, but I suppose you want to look over her yourself."

Soundwave snatched her away. "You better hope you're telling the truth. If she doesn't remember what happened, you'll have two groups of Decepticons trying to kill you."

"Understood."

"Starscream, follow," Soundwave ordered before grabbed the seeker by the wing and dragging both Decepticons out of the Autobot base. "And Ratchet... watch your back."

Optimus waited until the sound of two jets faded and then slowly turned his gaze away from the door. He pinned Ratchet to the desk with a look.

"Optimus—"

"Ratchet," Optimus held up a servo. "You know better than to attack our allies."

"She—"

"You know better."

Ratchet looked down, his frame hot with shame. "I'm sorry."

Optimus glared coldly. "You will be sure to personally apologize to Temptest and Megatron the next time you cross paths."