Chapter 32: Selfless

"Temptest, I've been looking for you," Optimus appeared as the femme flew into the base the next morning.

"I've been on night patrol," Temptest hummed tiredly as she walked past him. "What's up?"

"I'd like to talk about plans for our... activities. Ratchet and Soundwave aren't sure when they'll have the new bridge working, but we need to know what we are going to do about our warlords," Optimus explained.

Temptest frowned. "Are you talking about the redemption thing?"

"Yes."

She changed direction. "Well, I'd rather not be caught discussing that with you in front of Megatronus or Megatron, or Ratchet for that matter, so let's find a hidey hole."

"What is a hidey hole?"

"A place to hide, dufus," Temptest pinged Soundwave a short message informing him that she'd returned from patrol.

Optimus bit his denta as they walked outside. "I do not feel it wise to leave the others out of this."

Temptest stopped and looked at him. "Really? Who do you want to tell first? Ratchet? Bumblebee?"

"Knockout and Airachnid, maybe," Optimus replied slowly. "They don't seem to harbor any strong emotions against either of the warlords."

"Airachnid, of course not. She's only interested in social sciences. Knockout hates Optimus, he's just more polite."

Optimus frowned. "Plans then?"

"Megatron is easy, I think," Temptest decided. "I just need to hang out with him."

"Hang out with Megatron..." Optimus repeated. "That sounds like a bad idea. He could easily manipulate you."

Temptest crossed her arms. "I have experience with manipulation, I think I'll manage. I also know him somewhat well, minus the deviousness."

Optimus winced. "I don't think Megatronus would be pleased."

"Pleased?" Temptest rolled her optics. "It's logical, so who cares? As for Optimus, you just need to have Bumblebee hang out with him."

Optimus immediately shook his helm. "No."

"Why not?"

"You've met him," Optimus said pointedly. "I would not trust Bumblebee around that mo— around him anytime soon. We can't rush this. We need to take very careful steps and remember who we are dealing with."

"I know who we're dealing with," Temptest said. "A prideful warlord with a keen optic and the desire to evaluate his opponents, but Megatron is predictable. He employs the same tactics that Megatronus has been teaching me. Yesterday, we went racing and I can remember at least two counts of gaslighting and four counts of blatantly fanning my ego. Trust me, I know him."

Optimus rubbed his helm. "He's dangerous."

"He's here because of me. Starscream said as much," Temptest told him. "It works out for everyone if we give him what he wants. Maybe he'll get soft."

"Or he'll realize he's forming an attachment and decide to cut off the weakness," Optimus responded bitterly. "It would not be the first time."

Temptest crossed her arms. "Then what do you suggest we do, all-knowing-leader?"

Optimus furrowed his brows and looked off to the side, considering his options before he said anything aloud. "I'd like to capture Optimus."

Temptest laughed. "Sounds really easy, huh?"

"No, but with the combined might of our forces, we should be able to overpower the Autobots," Optimus explained.

"Getting that fragger out alive is not worth the lives it will cost," Temptest argued.