Chapter 49: Visitors

The team spent the afternoon loading up the energon and bringing it into base. It was great news, but Arcee was more than a little suspicious. Luckily, she trusted Temptest somewhat, so the suspicion was mostly directed at Megatron.

Night grew closer, mechs started disappearing into their berthrooms, and Temptest found herself standing on top of the base, holding a datapad. Maybe this was a terrible idea, but Megatron proved they could trust him just a tiny bit. If she didn't return the other end of the olivebranch, the opportunity could be lost.

Besides, she was doing this for Knockout.

The femme transformed and flew off, getting some space between herself and the base before she opened the groundbridge. Immediately, the tablet buzzed and cracked, electricity arching over it's surface. This was a one-way bridge.

Smart. If she did use it to invade the warship with the Autobots, they'd have no escape plan. Temptest, on the other servo, could fly right off and be perfectly safe as long as nobody was shooting at her.

With that in mind, she flew through.

The change in air pressure and weather was immediately apparent. The sky was darker and the black warship she'd flown into was currently going through a thin cloud. The flight deck on the ship was lined with vehicons, all of which quickly spotted her and stood at attention. She transformed and landed in the center.

Nobody moved. Their visors reflected back the blue light in her optics, but not any emotions. Their weapons weren't drawn. They were standing guard, but they weren't stopping her.

Temptest approached one. "I'm looking for Knockout."

"He is in the medbay," the vehicon responded.

"Uh huh," Temptest glanced at the giant ship. "I guess I'll just go exploring then. What's your name?"

"St3v3 Jr."

"Gotcha," Temptest left him and headed for the large doorway leading inside.

Behind her, the sound of a speeding jet caught her attention, and Temptest turned again to see a silver seeker land. He transformed and quickly pointed his rockets at her.

"What the frag are you doing here!?" he demanded.

"Megatron invited me," Temptest answered.

Starscream's optics bulged. "He didn't." It sounded more like surprise than disbelief.

"Yeah, I'm looking for Knockout," she informed him. "You wouldn't happen to know where the medbay is?"

"Of course I know where the medbay is," he scoffed, grabbing her wrist and dragging her inside. "This is my ship after all. I'm the commander here. Second in charge. The glorious right hand of Lord Megatron. Perhaps his lucky lieutenant. The—"

"The second in command who shares power with me," another voice butted in. "And you are hardly ever in on Megatron's plans." Temptest looked over to see Shockwave walking alongside her. He examined her with his optic and nodded. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Temptest."

She snorted. "Yeah? Glad someone is. It's nice to see you, Shockwave. You look healthy."

"I have a request," Shockwave cut straight to the point. "I would like the frequency you have that can be used to contact my counterpart. We have science to discuss."

"Oh," Temptest frowned. "Well, I'm sorry. My contacts were reset after I ripped my old unit out, but maybe I can send it to you another time."

He pinged her his frequency. "That is logical."