Chapter 56: Friends???

Without a sun, there was no way to determine the passing of cycles, but after letting everyone get enough rest, the Decepticons gathered together to discuss their plan. Earlier, Starscream went out, flying over the unfamiliar terrain to look for the rest of their displaced team.

Apparently, everyone was together, including a hanful of vehicons. The only missing members of their party was Shockwave and his predacon, botb Optimuss, and of course, the crew she was currently speaking to.

"Why can't we meet back up with them?" Temptest demanded. "We're all trying to get home, so the fastest way to—"

"Shut up, already," Megatron snapped. "We're not allying ourselves with them until they figure their own plan out first. If Optimus left them, then something is wrong and we aren't rushing in until we know it is safe."

Starscream nodded. "Especially with the quality of the mecha down there. Between the fake Optimus's forces, the other Decepticons, and our normal Autobots, nobody really likes us."

Temptest gaped. "(TFP) Optimus wasn't there last time we started working together. What is the difference now?"

"Now we aren't allies, we're dependents. They have every right to blackmail us while we are under the threat of being stranded here," Megatron explained.

(SH) Knockout raised his servo. "If they wanted to try something, they would have done it already. You forget who is in my base right now. (SH) Smokescreen has access to mine and Temptest's locations. He could comm them and let them know anytime he pleased."

"You forget that he works for (SH) Optimus," Starscream pointed out. "One of the guys who is currently missing."

(SH) Knockout panicked. "He could be here right now."

"That seems foolish," Megatron crossed his arms. "He left his team behind, so he has no backup in unfamiliar territory. My guess that he knows something we don't and is trying to stay under the radar until he has his goals met. The existence of a powerful relic, perhaps. Or a prisoner he wants dead."

"Like Ultra Magnus," Temptest realized. "(TFP) Optimus could have left for the very same reason. Redemption and all."

Megatron rolled his optics. "Yes, the Prime is the most foolish of them all."

"But predictable," (TFP) Knockout smiled smugly. "I wager nobody would have much difficulty finding him."

Temptest nodded. "Great. We can tell the others and let them help us search—"

Megatron facepalmed and walked away.

"Wait, where are you..." Temptest trailed off as the warlord simply stepped outside and flew away.

"If you're thinking of running back to your friends, I'm certain you will be waiting a while," (TFP) Knockout explained. "With such severe injuries and limited resources to fix them, you're in no condition to be moving around, much less leading a search party of enemies barely allied."

Starscream consented to that. "Not to mention our own helms are on the line. If someone thinks we killed you, this will be our final resting place too."

Temptest sighed and relented. "Whatever. How much of a threat are the predacons and Bumblebee's army of Ultra Magnuss?"

"Most of the Magnuss were severely harmed by the building's collapse, but none are terminated. It seems as if the others have rounded most of them up," Starscream explained. "As for the predacons, I've seen no sign of them, but they're not out of the equation yet."

(TFP) Knockout sat down next to Temptest. "Great. We can chill until Megatron decides what to do."

Starscream rolled his optics, only to look back and find both Temptest and (SH) Knockout staring at him. "What?" he demanded.